How Much Fat Is In That? Fat Awareness Poster
One customer called and said, I really want a photo poster that will show everyone how much fat they are eating when they go to fast food restaurants. We had to refrigerate the hamburger after the photo shoot and we were appalled at how it was hard like a rock because of its high fat content!
Learning objectives and benefits:
- This colorful 18X24 fat awareness poster from Food and Health Communications, will educate and entertain on any wall.
- It uses an infographic to help people visualize how much fat is in many of the popular foods they choose every day.
- Best of all, the How Much Fat Is In That Poster comes with handouts that support the Dietary Guideline's message about fat and saturated fat.
- Use this poster for wellness fairs, classrooms, offices, cafeterias and more. This high quality poster is on heavy glossy paper and has a UV coating for protection.
- All of these foods are found in fast food restaurants and convenience stores.
- The colors used in this poster are also designed to attract the human eye and bring a call to action. Food photos always grab everyone's attention.
- There are many discussion points that can be used for this poster.
- Salads can have more fat than French fries or onion rings.
- Anything deep-fried contains 3X more calories than it's baked counterpart.
- A fried chicken salad with dressing has almost as much fat as a double burger.
- Large and double sizes for burgers add a lot of calories and fat. These burgers are very heavy!
- Chicken is not always a healthy choice.
- Salad is not always a healthy choice.
- The croissant sandwich is very high in fat for its size and it doesn't contain any fiber.
- 1 teaspoon equals 4 grams of fat. Now your clients can calculate the fat to teaspoons in any food to visualize how much fat it contains.
Size: 18X24 Poster, laminated
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 8 - 100
BONUS #1: Activity sheet provides 5 activities for classes and wellness fairs to discover the fat in favorite foods.
BONUS #1: Handout provides great nutritious choices like soups, salads, baked potatoes and roasted chicken so everyone has better alternatives they can order (or prepare).
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. These can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends. The process of creating infographics can be referred to as data visualization, information design, or information architecture. (Source: wikipedia)
Choose from 2 different formats:
PRINT: One print poster is shipped and the activity/handout files are available now via download.
DOWNLOAD: Download the printable poster and activity/handout files when the choice appears above. Use it in LED displays, on the web, for print or anywhere you want. It is an 18X24" 300 DPI file in CMYK. Convert to RGB for web and screen display using any graphic editor.
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.