Childhood Obesity Show and Handouts
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning objectives and benefits:
The participant will:
- Learn about the statistics behind the childhood obesity epidemic in the U.S.
- Learn how to determine the weight status of children (underweight, healthy weight, overweight or obese).
- Learn the contributing factors to childhood obesity.
- Learn the detrimental effects of childhood obesity.
- Learn ways to both prevent childhood obesity and help overweight/obese kids get to a healthy weight.
This show explains the trend upward of childhood obesity and overweight, how BMI for percentile works, how to determine if a child needs help, how to remodel the home environment, how to succeed as a family, how to be active enough and how to find more resources. It has over 60 slides that are comprehensive about what is going on, how to recognize the problem and how to be part of a solution that can impact a child's health and life.
The best way to better health is knowledge and choice. This show brings everyone the scientific knowledge and it tells them how to make better choices. Hollis Bass, MEd, RD is a dietitian and mom who writes so many of our shows and we are sure you won't be disappointed with this one. Professional illustrations, photos, charts and illustrations show everyone your points and make you look good. The research and information compilation will save you hours and hours.
- Sounding the alarm - these statistics will wake everyone up and sound a definite alarm
- Is my child a statistic - a gentle, but realistic question and topic with an explanation of BMI percentiles
- Causes of childhood obesity - many causes and society norms all converge to cause one big problem
- Your home environment - it all starts with the home - here are things you don't want to miss
- What to do - choose the highest impact actions and make a difference
- What is active - many families run themselves ragged with too many activities that are not all that active
- What to eat - skip the fast food and food battles and start getting it right
- The whole family plan - everyone has to be on the same page - make your home safe
- Play actively - here are fun ideas better than the screen!
- Number of slides: 60
- Number of handout pages with leader guide: 15
- Target audience: parents, teachers and school administrators (preschool through high school), school nurses, school health/wellness committees, healthcare professionals, and employees
- Approximate length of show: 45-50 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates.