Lower Fat for Better Weight Control PowerPoint and Handout Lesson
This show explains the purpose of fat in the diet and helps individuals learn that lower fat does help lower calories.
- It helps them understand where fat comes from and that you should make your fat calories count as healthful ones.
- They learn tips to use less without feeling like they sacrificed a lot of flavor.
- The fun balloon graphic will make everyone feel lighter after the show.
- This lesson will teach everyone the importance of choosing low fat foods to lower the calorie intake of your diet.
The purpose of this program is to make individuals aware of the following:
- Fat - what are the facts
- Where fat is found - is it hiding in your food?
- How you can lower fat without feeling like you sacrificed your whole enjoyment of food?
- Sample lowfat meal plan and recipes - now I see what I can eat - and it looks so good, too!
- Food log makeover - from fat slurper to healthier eating, improved physical activity and real weight loss from this lesson by Victoria Shanta-Retelny, RD - a fun story that teaches (in the handouts)
- Calories count, too! We all know we cannot just fill up on fat-free cookies thinking they are calorie-free, too!
This lesson is part of The 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss, by Food and Health Communications.
- The 12 Lessons can be used for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program to teach a new, timely weight management lesson/skill each month (or week).
- You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more.
- All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
- Number of PowerPoint slides with speaker's notes: 30
- Number of handout pages with leader guide (PDF): 11
- Target audience: Ages 12 - 100
- Approximate length of show: 30 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates to the digital file.