Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you accept purchase orders?
Yes, we do!
Shop online and use "pay offline" when completing your order.
Choose from 3 ways to send your purchase order (these instructions are also found on the emailed invoice sent after checkout):
- Fax your PO to 800-433-7435.
- Mail your PO to Food and Health Communications, 164 Robles Way #290, Vallejo, CA 94591.
- Email your PO to orders at food and health dot com.
Purchase orders should contain the following information:
- Purchase order number
- Order number if applicable
- Billing address, contact phone number, and shipping address information
- Items you would like to order with quantities and prices
- Expedited shipping needs if applicable
- Email address for tracking purposes
How do I pay offline? Shop online and select pay offline for your payment method when checking out. Then make a payment 4 ways:
- Mail a check to Food and Health Communications, 164 Robles Way #290, Vallejo, CA 94591 (please put order number on your check).
- Call 800-462-2352 with credit card from M-F, 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST.
- Use paypal and send to purchases at foodandhealth dot com.
- Send us a purchase order. Fax: 800-433-7435; mail: Food and Health Communications, Inc., 164 Robles Way #290, Vallejo, CA 94591; email to orders at food and health dot com.
Orders are not shipped until payment or purchase order is received.
Do you accept orders that are shipping to multiple places?
Yes! We can even accept spreadsheets. Please email or call for a template and ordering instructions. Click contact us at the bottom of this site and we will get right back to you.
How soon will my order arrive?
Our shopping cart calculates delivery times and costs for your location! To find out the receiving date for your order, add your items to the cart then use the first step of check out. You will receive multiple options with prices and dates for delivery. Every order receives a tracking number by email.
I do not see my order in the tracking system.
Orders are not shipped unless payment or purchase order is received. If you do not see your order give us a call at 800-462-2352.
How do we place a tax exempt order?
Tax is presently only charged for customers with a California, Iowa, or Michigan address. You can request a tax exemption status for your account by contacting us by phone or email with your tax exempt number. Once you have the tax exemption status on your account you will not be charged tax. We will refund taxes paid for tax exempt orders and issue a new invoice without tax.
Do you offer large bulk order discounts or special school pricing or government pricing?
Yes, we do. Many items in the shopping cart offer discounts for bulk order pricing. Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of our site to obtain a custom quote that is sent right away for large orders or custom orders.
I am supposed to receive some digital files with my shipped order. Where are they?
- Download links are shown on the thank you page after checkout.
- They are also shown in your account if you created one.
- And they are sent to your inbox right away as a download link.
- Click the download link at the bottom of our site to enter your email address and get them resent to you at any time.
- Click contact us below if you need further help and we will email them again.
Do you have a catalog?
You can find our most recent catalog by clicking “Catalog” at the bottom of our website. All customers receive a printed catalog whenever it is published.
Do you have free posters?
We offer free posters that you can download. Click the free poster link below to get a printable download.
Do you have free handouts?
Yes we do – click the “Free Nutrition Handouts” link at the bottom of our store. They are delivered digitally in PDF format right to your inbox.
I need a copy of your W9.
You can find a link to our W9 Form at the bottom of the store. Simply click it and download and print as PDF.
I need my product tomorrow - HELP!
We can ship overnight as long as we have your order by 12:55 pm Eastern time. Choose your desired expedited service (OVERNIGHT, 2 DAY, 3 DAY) at checkout. Our online checkout system shows a "get it by" delivery date for all shipping services. Simply enter an order and then check out to view your shipping options. It is always recommended to receive an item at least 2-3 days in advance rather than the day of the event to allow for shipping disruptions and your own receiving procedures.
What is your return policy?
We like to call our return policy our “satisfaction guaranteed policy” - and here it is:
100% satisfaction guaranteed! We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase or your money back! If you purchase a product from our store and are unhappy, you may return it in new condition within 30 days from the date of delivery. Simply use the Return link at the bottom of the site for an easy automated return process. Custom orders and large special pricing orders are not refundable.
Will your PowerPoint products and downloads work on Mac or Windows?
Our products will work on Windows or Mac.
How do I contact the help desk?
You can give us a call at 800-462-2352 Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern time, or drop us a note by using our contact form found at the bottom of our website for any questions, feedback or for any customer service needs. We usually respond within one business day.
Who are you?
Great question! The Nutrition Education Store is owned by Food & Health Communications, Inc. an award-winning, private publishing company that has been in business for 24 years.
Food and Health Communications, Inc. is dedicated to creating stunning, visually engaging nutrition education materials for passionate educators who want to make a difference in their patients' and students' lives. FHC is a National Partner with the USDA and MyPlate. FHC supports the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and all materials are based on these along with peer-reviewed scientific research.
Click “About” in the links at the bottom of our site to find out more.
Do you offer updates?
If you receive a digital file you will receive automatic updates every time we update the file!
Do you ever sell my information?
No – we never sell our customers’ information to third parties. We use it to inform you about our updates or your purchase information. Click Privacy at the bottom of our site for more information.
Do you offer samples?
We have a preview image or video of every product in our store to give you a virtual sample and preview. Simply view each product online before you purchase. Click contact us at the bottom of our site and call or email if you have any questions. We are always happy to help!
How do I choose the right product?
Help – I have a presentation and see several of your shows that would be good – I am not sure which one to purchase.
Call us - toll free - 800-462-2352 and we will help you find the perfect solution.
Are you the sole source for your nutrition education materials?
Food and Health Communications, Inc. designs and manufactures all posters, prizes, PowerPoint shows, brochures, banners, and tearpads in the Nutrition Education Store and they are the creative and original works that are not made by anyone else. We own our trademarks and copyrights and are the sole source of our published materials and their supporting downloads!
What are your product codes?
- -Posters - 60121008
- -Handouts with leader guide - 60106000
- -PowerPoint Show - 43232106, 60106000
- -DVD Video - 55111514
- -Photographs - 60121011, 60106105
- -Clipart - 60106105
- 490110 Posters, Handouts, Printed goods
- 490199 Books
- 852340 CDROM, clipart, photos
- 482010 Book, Instructional, PPT show
- 852439 DVD, Instructional
Which cooking equipment and items do you recommend for food demos and for using your recipes?
Our best advice? KISS - Keep it short and simple. For 2 reasons:
1) You need to use the equipment and ingredients that consumers are using in their own kitchens so they walk away with an 'I can do this' attitude.
2) Simple is better for speaking and working in front of a live audience in a demo kitchen atmosphere.
Where would we go to buy equipment and small wares? Walmart or other discount stores, department stores on sale, or a local restaurant supply store. Ebay and Amazon also have great deals and you can read other user’s reviews there. 2 pieces are in our 'must-have' category:
- Stove top burner - can be portable with 2 burners. Consider electric or propane.
- Microwave - this is a must for us and we have done demos for 300 using a microwave. You can cook many dishes in it including pasta in boiling water if you must. We have even baked a cake in one! It's easy to cook vegetables and even fruits in a microwave!
Vegetables cook fast and with little water in a microwave so they retain better color, texture and nutrients.
We recommend a microwave with a fish/chicken setting and an auto-defrost setting. Ours has settings for popcorn, potatoes and auto-defrost in addition to the chicken and fish. We use it all the time to cook very moist and tasty fish and chicken dishes - they cook in less than 5 minutes!
But there are 2 more pieces of cooking equipment that are important for teaching healthier cooking, in our opinion:
- crockpot - because you can demo beans and soups - those cook without attendance time and make it easy for today's time-pressed consumer to prepare these items on a regular basis
- a rice cooker - we find this item makes cooking brown rice and many rice dishes so easy that people are inclined to use them frequently. And you can cook other whole grains in it.
Finally, here are a few more things you shouldn't forget:
-New cutting boards with nonstick grips or wet paper towels to stick them to the table - we prefer white plastic cutting boards that can go in the dishwasher when done
-Containers, cups and bags to put premeasured ingredients - no one wants to watch you measure everything - have it ready to go
-Multiple cooking utensils, measuring cups, and spoons
-Colander or strainer
-Platters for display and cups/plates/napkins/utensils for tastes
And our 'nice-to-have' equipment list for really wonderful meals and finishing touches:
- toaster oven - to roast asparagus, nuts, whole grain bread, oven fried potatoes, tomatoes (great for a kitchen that doesn't have an oven)
- food processor - for salsa, roasted marinara sauce
- mixer - if you are going to be baking or making mashed potatoes
- hand held immersion blender - wonderful for creamy vegetable soups
What is your pricing policy?
Food and Health Communications strives to present the best prices. Sometimes if suppliers raise their costs we have to do the same. The prices on the website reflect the most up to date price.