Muscle Versus Fat Poster - 1 Pound Muscle Versus 1 Pound Fat
Learning objectives & benefits:
- This fun and colorful poster shows a simple yet compelling message about the benefits of regular exercise and physical activity.
- Muscle and fat weigh the same.
- But muscle is more dense so it takes up a less space.
- A person with a higher body fat percentage will appear larger than a person with a lower percentage even though they weigh the same.
- Muscle cells burn more calories than fat. The more you exercise the more you make your body into a lean calorie-burning machine.
- When you exercise regularly you build stronger muscles even if you don't lift weights.
- Regular exercise along with a balanced diet can help individuals gain fitness and lower their percentage of body fat.
This poster makes a great display with the muscle and fat replicas that are so popular. It can be used in place of them, too.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 13 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.