12 Lessons Wellness and Weight Loss Program on Flash Drive
12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Control Employee Weight Loss Program Overview
- Format: Flash drive + instant digital download
- 12 PowerPoint shows, Leader guide, printable handouts
- Use for employee, client, and community weight control programs
12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Control Employee Weight Loss Program Description
12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss Program includes 12 relevant lessons for today's consumers who want to lose weight.
- Consumers just need your guidance for better food choices and a little more activity.
- Break down the huge topic of weight loss into 12 life-changing lessons.
- Keep clients and employees on track and maybe even have a little fun with competitions!
- You can use the 12 Lessons over a month, a few months, or even a year.
- This is volume 1 - we do have volume 2 for 12 more so the program is expandable and evergreen.
How would you like to have a weight control program that is guaranteed to solve the weight control puzzle for your employees or participants?
Weight control is tricky and 2/3 of the population is overweight or obese. Here is an in-depth solution that will teach everyone all the lessons they need to take excess weight off and keep it off for a lifetime.
Discover why it is better to offer 12 lessons throughout a 6 or 12 month period.
Breaking down the huge topic of weight loss into 12 lessons brings you many opportunities. Keep them returning for more education; keep them on track; and maybe even have a little fun with competitions! You can use the 12 Lessons over a month, a few months or even a year.
12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss Program includes 12 relevant lessons for today's consumers who want to lose weight. They need your guidance for better food and beverage choices and a little more activity.
Success Story! 9530 Pounds Lost!
Lauren Hatcher, MS, RD, LDN, CWPC, LiveWell Carolinas, used the 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss to create a custom program for her hospital employees.
"A total of 3102 employees participated in the weight loss challenge.
They lost 9530 pounds in 10 weeks - that is like losing 63.5 people who weigh 150 pounds each!
481 employees lost 5% and 123 teams participated with 12 of them achieving 5% weight loss or more as a team."
Food and Health Communications created custom online materials for Lauren with her logo and she purchased all 24 lessons and used them online - employees watched PowerPoint shows and received emailed handouts each week plus handouts were stored in the intranet library, too.
Way to go Lauren and CHS for LiveWell Carolinas!
Now you can finally have a complete weight loss program for your employees or clients. We have included every topic they will need to be a "loser". Putting a goal like weight loss into 12 easy lessons is a winning idea for you, your employees and or clients.
This 12 lesson plan for weight loss breaks a difficult goal into 12 easy lessons that are relevant for today's consumer and up to date with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
With the 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss, you receive all the materials you need for a full program that instructs and measures each month:
Imagine how much time it would take you to make these handouts and slides? Our professional editor, chef, graphic artist and dietitian have each worked hard so you don't have to!
- 12 PowerPoint shows - Each show has over 30 slides with speaker's notes (over 360 slides with photos, illustrations and professional layout)
- Leader Guide that is 184 pages with organizational tips, activity guides and score sheets for a contest
- Printable handout sets in PDF for each lesson
Flexible, accurate, and ready, just for you and your clients:
- Flexible: There are 12 lessons and they are flexible - teach one per day, one per week, one more month - any way you like.
- Up-to-date: All lessons follow the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and are kept up to date - you receive digital updates automatically via email every time we update the files.
- Fun: Use the leader guide to create contests and incentives for each lesson - make it fun and people-pleasing!
- Show or tell: Use the PowerPoint shows or handouts in the lunchroom, classroom, your office or on an intranet
- Easy: Use the lessons in online education programs!
- Relevant: Lessons are made for today's time-pressed consumer who often has very rich food choices everywhere - fast food, coffee shops, the snack cart, parties, grocery stores, gas stations and more.
- Popular: Portion control, beverage calories, calorie density, eating breakfast and dining out prove to be very modern topics that are relevant.
- Practical examples: Food log lessons by Victoria Shanta Retelny, MS, RD show real-world before and after examples for many lessons.
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason you do not like our program you can return it for a full refund.
12 Lessons that Will Teach Weight Control for LIFE:
- Lesson 1 - Do you need to lose weight? This first lesson provides a guide for evaluating health and weight status through measurements of waist circumference and BMI.
- Lesson 2 - Want to Lose Weight? Burn More Calories than You Consume! This section includes straightforward and balanced strategies for losing weight and establishing a healthy diet.
- Lesson 3 - Feel Full on Fewer Calories: Think "Choose Right" not "Diet" - Here we explore calorie density and the importance of making wise choices when it comes to food so you fill up on fewer calories. It’s all about fiber!
- Lesson 4 - Exercise to Lose and Control Weight - This lesson explores another vital aspect of a healthy lifestyle: physical activity. Plan a sustainable exercise program even with a busy schedule.
- Lesson 5 - Portion Control: Don't Go Overboard - This section offers ways to control portions and avoid overeating.
- Lesson 6 - There's Lots of Good Reasons to Eat Breakfast - What nutrition education would be complete without an exploration of breakfast? Here we explore aspects of a healthy breakfast, quick/portable options for breakfast on the run, and how to avoid big calorie options.
- Lesson 7 - Cooking is the Better Weigh - This lesson outlines the health benefits of cooking at home while also providing resources, tips, and tricks to cook in a simple, healthy way. It offers everything from strategies for stocking your kitchen to quick, easy recipes to try at home.
- Lesson 8 - Dining Out: Do It the Smart Weigh - But what about those times when you end up in a restaurant? This section explores dining out danger zones, a guide to healthy fast food options, and strategies to keep meals healthful.
- Lesson 9 - Don't Drink Your Calories - This lesson is a wake up that shows calorie consequences for beverages that are huge and full of fat and sugar.
- Lesson 10 - Be Carb Smart - Learn the truth about carbohydrates! This lesson reviews which carbs have nutritional value and which aren’t worth the calories. It also takes an in-depth look at whole plant foods that are high-in-fiber carbohydrates.
- Lesson 11 - Snacking Smart: Think Out of the Bag - We have to talk about snacking - it can make all the difference if done right. The intelligence doesn’t end with carbs! This section explores the value of healthy, timely snacks. In addition to reviewing the components of delicious and healthy snacks, it also looks at the health and metabolic benefits of various meal schedules.
- Lesson 12 - Lower Fat for Better Weight Control - Fat can be one sneaky macro-nutrient. Here, we evaluate different kinds of fats, find hidden fat sources, and share strategies for sidestepping excess and/or unhealthy fats.
- 1 Gig Flash Drive with all the files you need to succeed:
- 184 page PDF with handouts and leader guide
- 12 PowerPoint shows that are 30+ slides with speaker's notes
Free digital download - 311 meg zip file with all PDF files and all PPT files. You can start working right away! This digital zip file is automatically delivered to your inbox with your paid order.You get lifetime updates on this file! Every time we update the file the system will send you a link to download again!
More if needed:
This customer-friendly program, by Food and Health Communications, is great for a 3 to 12-month work-site wellness/weight management incentive program and contest.
How can you apply this program to your own?
- Teach a new, timely weight management lesson and skill each month (or week).
- You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more.
- All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate - you are always up to date.
Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
- Many do not take the time to eat breakfast or cook and they eat on the run with a see and stuff as you go plan - big mistake!
- Many consumers are overwhelmed with large portions, refined carbohydrates and no education about the calorie density of foods or the value of fiber-rich foods.
- They do not exercise or realize the benefits of being more active and less sedentary.
- Calories are hidden everywhere in decadent convenient foods that were once sold in smaller portions and as infrequent treats.
- These lessons, based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate will instruct and motivate in a positive manner for better health and weight.
Learning objectives and goals for all 12 lessons:
- Do I need to lose weight?
- How to lose weight over the long term and keep it off?
- Why I want to cook more at home? What should I make?
- Why I need to make better choices when eating out and how to do that?
- Beverages have calories, too?
- Why is moving better than sitting?
- What is calorie density, how to categorize foods by calorie density using a go, caution and stop approach
- Preferred carbohydrates versus refined carbohydrates
- Fat is calorie dense, where is it hiding?
- I can snack better - what is a healthy snack?
- Eating breakfast and making healthful breakfast choices is a good idea!
- Why is portion control important? What are things I must know and remember?
Here is what other customers are saying about this product:
I have enjoyed your 12 Lessons of Weight Loss materials and have used the Portion Control DVD with my groups in our multidisplinary Bariatrics program. Randall Feezell. M.D.
Attached are our overall stats for the 10 week program. We had optional onsite weigh ins at about 14 locations (about of participants did this) but “Educational” materials (almost entirely your stuff) was provided online on our internal website for our locations spread far and wide around the Carolinas. 3102 employees lost 9530 pounds and now we are on our next set of 12 lessons. Thanks! Lauren Hatcher, MS, RD, LDN, CWPC
The presentation gives a great general overview of what healthy ideas need to be followed. We have added a show-and-tell portion to demonstrate what the lesson details. What might be nice to include in the presentation is more case studies as we went through each of those with our group and also look at more comparisons - people learn more when they can see the data in their own life. Including more numbers and comparing food products (and then we can bring in the example products) would assist in digesting the material better. Overall a great product for us with little extra input needed. Nice to have the framework done!
The handouts for your programs have been great. Thank you!
Materials have been very helpful and informative.
Thank you for such a thorough and concise product! We received an abundance of positive feedback from those we presented the material to, and we will continue to utilize the courses. Krista Bobo.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the wonderful added tidbits you are constantly sending us. The information is always useful, current, and fun. I recently purchased the wellness/weight management program from you and my boss (a nurse/educator) is still raving about how fantastic and versatile the program is. I am so anxious to start using it come Sept. So, thank you again, for the amazing job you do to keep us timely with our nutrition messages. Jane Hackett, MA, RD, CDE, LD