Make the DASH Poster
The DASH Diet is recommended in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension.
The DASH diet is easy to follow - this poster shows just how much fresh food you get to eat in a day for just 1600 calories.
Food groups and daily servings are generous and palatable. Whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nonfat dairy, lean meat, poultry or fish, nuts, seeds and beans and just a little bit of oil and sweets are all on this plan. It emphasizes the good news about food and shows them what to eat.
It is easy to keep your sodium low and control your intake of calories on the DASH diet. Plus the food groups follow the ones given for MyPlate.
The DASH diet poster is great for heart month or for any wellness program. It would go well with the Cholesterol Poster or the Blood Pressure, too!
Learning objectives & benefits:
- Bright and colorful artwork jumps right off of this 18 X 24 blood pressure poster!
- Shows your clients visual for a high-fiber, plant-based diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables and dairy products and is low in sodium.
- Individuals will have a clear picture of what they need to eat to effectively lower their blood pressure.
- Handouts come with a sample bulletin board layout including QR Codes, Key Elements of the DASH Diet handout, and the DASH Study Overview
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Target population: In English, for high blood pressure patients, ages 15 - 100
Shipped Printed Poster: 18" X 24" laminated
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.
Downloadable printable poster file: 18X24 300 DPI .png file (RGB) - use LED displays, digital frames and laser printing. Can convert to other file formats with graphic editing software. Convert to CMYK for offset printing - ask your printer.
LICENSE FOR DIGITAL IMAGE: use for one site for brochures, LED frames, wellness fairs, etc. The image file cannot be resold; textbook use requires special license please call us at 800-462-2352.