Portion Control: Don't Go Overboard PowerPoint and Handout Lesson
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning objectives & benefits:
The purpose of this fun, don't go overboard portion control show is to teach consumers the basics about portion control. They learn fast in just 20-30 slides that:
- Serving size matters for calorie outcome - small changes help them eat less without giving up a lot
- If you measure and use smaller plates you eat less food and don't realize it
- Don't eat out of the bag or you could eat a whole bag
- Read Nutrition Facts Labels and make the best choice for your dollar
- Order small and save money and calories
- Use a healthy plate template and get it right effortlessly
- Beware of big baked goods because a fistful of bakery item = 500 calories or more!
- Read a fun food log makeover which shows that a portion control lesson does help someone lose weight - by Victoria Shanta-Retelny, RD
This lesson is part of The 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss, by Food and Health Communications.
- The 12 Lessons can be used for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program to teach a new, timely weight management lesson/skill each month (or week).
- You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more.
- All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
- Number of slides: 30
- Number of handout pages with leader guide: 11
- Target audience: Ages 12 - 100
- Approximate length of show: 30 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus a CD shipped to you plus lifetime updates to the digital file.