My Plate Kids Handouts in Tearpad
Use the My Plate for Kids Color Handout Tearpad for any occasion -- it's a great accompaniment to food posters for children. Each tearpad contains 75 sheets and features full color on the front and black and white on the back.
Front side: Kids MyPlate guide with colorful food groups and fun nutrition lessons in kid lingo.
- Now children will understand just how to eat from the food groups
- AND their foods will be in the right portion and proportion.
- PLUS there are fun reminders and tips just for kids
Back side: Let's play and learn! These kids' worksheets will help everyone learn about My Plate -- they are perfect for schools and classrooms that are seeking to teach everyone about the new USDA food icon.
- Let's line up the foods into their groups.
- Can you label and color the groups on the plate?
- What part of my plate should be filled with fruits and vegetables?
- Which grains are whole grains?
- Which foods are in the protein group?
- How many of your grains should be whole each day?
Kids can learn the most important points about MyPlate on the back sheet. The fun kids coloring page allows them to be creative and highlight favorite foods. If you're still using food pyramid for kids or food guide for kids resources, it's time to update and choose MyPlate.