One of our dietitian clients asked us for a tool so she could teach her clients about how to plan healthy meals. Her idea was to show all of the healthy options in food group format and then to have a chart below. This way the tool could be interactive with the audience sharing their ideas. She can show how to plan your meals for a day or a week.
So we made this handy poster for her to use as a dry erase board. It can be used on any classroom wall or as a bulletin board tool. It is 18" x 24" and comes with a special laminate that will work with a dry erase marker.
There is also a matching wall decal that is 40" x 30" and a handout tearpad.
- Size: 18" x 24"
- Laminated - with dry erase surface
- Use with: dry erase markers
- Language: English
- Age group 10 to adult
- Topic: how to plan your heart healthy meals
- PDF download handout: Meal Planner - link below
- Invite each person or team up from the audience to create a menu. Apply points for each meal and also for the use of leftovers. For example, they can cook fish for dinner one night and use the leftover on a lunch the next day or a dinner the next night. Also apply bonus points for using all four food groups in a day or each meal.
- Feature a new menu for each day or each week.
- Use this menu poster in a cafe to help everyone order more items and balance their meals.
- Use it in class to report what everyone ate for lunch!
- How to guide for planning meals as PDF handout here