Kids Be Active Pyramid Poster
Learning objectives & benefits:
- This fun and vibrant 18 X 24 poster encourages kids to get out and be active!
They should take part in aerobic exercise for 60 minutes each day (Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans).
- The middle section suggests 30 minutes or of vigorous aerobic exercise. It also mentions the best bone building and muscle building activity for 3 days a week.
- Enjoyable activities such as jumping rope, skateboarding, team sports, swimming, bicycling, dancing, running and skating count, too.
- The bottom section suggests enjoyable aerobic activities with family and friends. This is fun unstructured play.
- All activity adds up and it is easy to get to 60 minutes or more per day.
- Every kid can find ideas to enjoy 60 minutes of exercise each day no matter their fitness level. Everyone plays, everyone wins.
- Teaches kids that active play should also be a part of their day! Walking with family, pets and friends, or helping around the house every day is good for them!
- Shows children how sitting in front of the TV or computer should be limited to one hour of less per day, not including school or homework. Turn off that video game and go play!
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 8 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.