12 More Lessons of Wellness and Weight Control Employee Weight Loss Program Overview
- Format: Flash drive + instant digital download
- 12 PowerPoint shows, Leader guide, printable handouts
- Use for employee, client, and community weight control programs
12 MORE Lessons Wellness and Weight Loss Program
Now you can finally have a complete weight loss program or contest for your employees or clients. We have included every topic they will need to be a "loser". Putting a goal like weight loss into 12 easy lessons is a winning idea for you, your employees and clients.
Lesson programs with multiple lessons puts your attendees in the habit of coming back to class for your knowledge and support. Group programs can make weight loss education more affordable for individuals and at the same time bring more money into your practice. If you are an employee-based facility, having a program for everyone promotes teamwork and success! And if you are creating an online program, this will provide valuable content that is electronically ready!
Lauren Hatcher, MS, RD, LDN, CWPC, LiveWell Carolinas, used the 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss to create a custom program for her hospital employees.
A total of 3102 employees participated in the weight loss challenge.
They lost 9530 pounds in 10 weeks - that is like losing 63.5 people who weigh 150 pounds each!
481 employees lost 5% and 123 teams participated with 12 of them achieving 5% weight loss or more as a team
We created custom online materials for Lauren with her logo and she purchased all 24 lessons and used them online - employees watched PowerPoint shows and received emailed handouts each week.
Way to go Lauren and CHS for LiveWell Carolinas!
This 12 lesson plan for weight loss breaks a difficult goal into 12 easy lessons that are relevant for today's consumer.
With the 12 More Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss, you receive 12 PowerPoint shows that each have over 30 slides with speaker's notes (over 360 slides with photos, illustrations and professional layout) PLUS matching handouts for just $34 per lesson! Imagine how much time it would take you to make these slides?
Each show is just 30+ slides so the length is perfect for lunch and learn type sessions or scenarios where you have to get a few key lessons across quickly.
- There are 12 lessons and they are flexible - teach one per day, one per week, one per month - any way you like.
- All lessons follow the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and are kept up to date - you can ask for updated files anytime.
- Use the leader guide to create contests and incentives - make it fun!
- Use the PowerPoint shows or handouts in the lunchroom, classroom, your office or on an intranet
- Use the lessons in online education programs!
- Lessons are made for today's time-pressed consumer who often has very rich food choices everywhere - fast food, coffee shops, the snack cart, parties, grocery stores, gas stations and more.
- Portion control, beverage calories, calorie density, eating breakfast and dining out prove to be very modern topics that are relevant.
- Food log lessons by Victoria Shanta Retelny, MS, RD show real-world before and after examples for many lessons
12 MORE Lessons of Weight Management Bundle - Volume 2:
- Lesson 13 - Getting Started - whoa! Let's make realistic goals and learn to focus on the right ones - now we are on our way!
- Lesson 14 - Home Exercise - you can burn a lot of calories right in your own home; now you will have no excuse!
- Lesson 15 - Shopping Light - start right in the grocery store to make a better shopping cart so you don't bring home too many calories
- Lesson 16 - Cooking Light Portion Control Cooking - using portion control in meal preparation is important and we make it easy
- Lesson 17 - Fast Food Alternatives - a few rules, some warnings and a load of good options for those who must eat on the run
- Lesson 18 - Healthy Plate - here is an easy way to get it right - fill the plate half full with veggies and a little protein and starch
- Lesson 19 - Vacation Light - why not use vacation time to jump start your healthy lifestyle efforts? here is how! (great for summer!)
- Lesson 20 - Fad Diets: Don't Waste Your Time - here is a great show that will explain the importance of your program
- Lesson 21 - Brown Bag It - lunch can be a great time to eat healthfully out of the bag and walk a little
- Lesson 22 - Stress Eating and Food Cravings - stress and cravings can really take you down the wrong path; here is what to do
- Lesson 23 - Holiday Lights: Survival to Keep Off the Pounds - how to not gain weight during the holidays
- Lesson 24 - Healthy Diet Doesn't Come in a Pill - an easy fix is not the answer
1 Gig Flash Drive with all the files you need to succeed:
- 170 page PDF with handouts and leader guide
- 12 PowerPoint shows that are 30+ slides with speaker's notes
Free digital download - 195 meg zip file with all PDF files and all PPT files. You can start working right away! This digital zip file is automatically delivered to your inbox with your paid order.You get lifetime updates on this file! Every time we update the file the system will send you a link to download again!
More if needed:
This customer tested program, by Food and Health Communications, is great for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program and contest. Teach a new, timely weight management lesson and skill each month (or week). You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more. All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles. Many do not take the time to eat breakfast or cook and they eat on the run.
Many are overwhelmed with large portions, refined carbohydrates and no education about the calorie density of foods. Still more do not exercise or realize the benefits of being more active. These lessons will instruct and motivate in a positive manner for better health and weight.
Learning objectives and goals for 12 MORE Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss:
- How do I get started? what is reasonable?
- Exercise at home and burn your way to a better weight - what do you buy? What do you do?
- How do I shop for better health?
- Cooking light is good - but how do I do that? What do I make? How do I revise my recipes? How do I serve in smaller bowls?
- What do I eat when on the run?
- A healthy plate sounds good - how do I make one?
- Vacation light? Here are tips to plan a better one - for food and activity!
- What is a fad diet? Why should I avoid one? How do I diet without being on a fad diet?
- What do I make for a brown bag lunch? How do I do lunch better?
- Stress and cravings always ruin my efforts - what should I do to overcome them?
- Holidays have so many choices - how do I manage a weight loss plan during this time?
- I always thought you could just take diet pills? What are they missing?
PLUS this program has modules written by Victoria Shanta-Retelny, MS, RD, for stress management. And exercise at home and home exercise equipment tips are given by Jan Treftz-Allen, MS. Jan bought our first set of 12 lessons and like so many of our customers, wanted a 2nd set. So we put our heads together and came up with more important things to teach everyone for wellness and weight loss.
Here is what other customers are saying about this product:
I have enjoyed your 12 Lessons of Weight Loss materials and have used the Portion Control DVD with my groups in our multidisciplinary bariatrics program. Randall Feezell. M.D.
Attached are our overall stats for the 10 week program. We had optional onsite weigh ins at about 14 locations (about of participants did this) but “Educational” materials (almost entirely your stuff) was provided online on our internal website for our locations spread far and wide around the Carolinas. 3102 employees lost 9530 pounds and now we are on our next set of 12 lessons. Thanks! Lauren Hatcher, MS, RD, LDN, CWPC
The presentation gives a great general overview of what healthy ideas need to be followed. We have added a show-and-tell portion to demonstrate what the lesson details. What might be nice to include in the presentation is more case studies as we went through each of those with our group and also look at more comparisons - people learn more when they can see the data in their own life. Including more numbers and comparing food products (and then we can bring in the example products) would assist in digesting the material better. Overall a great product for us with little extra input needed. Nice to have the framework done!
The handouts for your programs have been great. Thank you!
Materials have been very helpful and informative.
Thank you for such a thorough and concise product! We received an abundance of positive feedback from those we presented the material to, and we will continue to utilize the courses. Krista Bobo.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the wonderful added tidbits you are constantly sending us. The information is always useful, current, and fun. I recently purchased the wellness/weight management program from you and my boss (a nurse/educator) is still raving about how fantastic and versatile the program is. I am so anxious to start using it come Sept. So, thank you again, for the amazing job you do to keep us timely with our nutrition messages. Jane Hackett, MA, RD, CDE, LD