Eat Your Vitamins Poster - Vitamin and Mineral Chart Poster
This gorgeous vegetable vitamin chart poster is featured on a television series by Paramount Pictures!
Learning objectives and benefits:
- EAT your VITAMINS and MINERALS is the predominant message. As numerous studies have shown, most supplements have not been found to be beneficial as "health insurance", but a diet that is rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, skim dairy and lean protein will provide everything you need in the calories allotted and it will reduce your risk of chronic disease. Best of all these foods are high in fiber and naturally low in saturated fat, trans fat, sugar and sodium.
- This poster exhibits vitamins, minerals and macronutrients along with their functions in the human body and it shows the food sources for each one.
- It shows the most common food sources for each nutrient. There are a few variations like avocados being high in fat but fruits not shown as high in fat that are given and this is stated on the bottom of the poster.
- Vegetables are listed in USDA sub-categories so people can see the importance of eating each vegetable group as recommended by the Dietary Guidelines and MyPlate. All food groups listed show their importance as being part of a balanced and varied diet.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Use this vegetable vitamin chart poster for wellness fairs, classrooms, offices, cafeterias and more. This high quality poster is on heavy glossy paper and has a UV coating for protection.
We spent months with our artist, editor and registered dietitian to create this visually effective piece. It is a one-of-a-kind creation by Food and Health Communications, Inc. The colors are bright and it will go with our MyPlate Poster and many of the food art posters presented here.
- The Vitamin and Mineral chart Poster makes a great companion for MyPlate education and for explaining the findings and recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- This poster supports the USDA's HealthierUS School Challenge! Our materials promote better eating with more fruits and vegetables.
- This vitamin and mineral chart poster is 24"X18", which is the perfect size for bulletin boards, classroom walls, wellness fairs and offices.
- It is laminated on both sides so it will be a durable masterpiece for your education toolbox for years to come!
Thanks go to Barbara Hart, MS, RD, LDN for her expert work in researching this poster. We used a quote by Dr. James Kenney, PhD, RD, at the bottom which also teaches an important lesson, "Most consumers need to eat a more plant-based diet to avoid excess saturated fat, sodium, and added sugar in the diet and to have the right nutrients in the calories allotted."
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 12 - 100
BONUS handout: vitamin and mineral list with functions on one side and food list on the other.
Shipped Printed Poster: 24X18" laminated
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.