Portion Plate - Portion Control Plate for Diet and Exercise Success
Here is one plate that helps you stay on track for a healthful diet, portion control, exercise, and proper hydration.
By making a healthful plate you can save up to 60% of the calories compared to just loading your plate by eye like most people do. This plate keeps your foods in the proper proportions and portion sizes.
The inside of the plate guides you to a balanced diet of:
- 3 ounces lean protein
- 1/2 cup cooked grains
- 1 cup vegetables
- 1 cup fruits
While the rim of the plate reminds you to sip the right beverage and get out of your chair!
- Water or skim milk.
- 30 minutes or more of exercise per day.
The beautiful blue color with the colored food groups are attractive for home, picnics, the office, and parties.
The Portion Control Plastic Plates, designed by Nutrition Education Store, work great for wellness fairs, cooking demos, classrooms, or one-on-one consultations. The blue color is warm and positive and goes with everything. These plates are eye catchers!
- The colors for each food group correspond with the colors used by the USDA Choose My Plate icon. Silhouettes of each food are included to make it easy to understand.
- Each section is clearly labeled in English.
- Since the dairy section is attached to the plate you can hold it up with one hand to give an instant visual for many important nutrition education lessons:
- healthy portion sizes
- getting enough fruits and vegetables
- showing all five food groups
- how to eat a balanced meal
- and how to make a healthy plate
- getting enough exercise
- healthful beverages
SIZE: 9.75" outside diameter.
- The inner lines are white and are not physical separators.
- These plates are stackable.
- Made 100% melamine - safe for food use and break resistant.
- The plastic plate is light and durable. It is a little thinner than bone china and similar to party plates. They are easy to carry to demos and wellness fairs.
- They are dishwasher safe, too!
Do not use the plates in the microwave. Do not cut with a sharp metal knife.
Instructions are on the bottom of the plate to explain that they can be used in the dishwasher but not the microwave.
Here is a fun portion control activity:
Fill the Portion Plate
What you'll need:
- Physical MyPlate Plates
What you'll do:
Assemble your group, pass out the plates, and make sure everyone has access to the scissors and magazines. Explain that they are going to cut out pictures of food and then sort them into the appropriate areas of MyPlate.
Offer your participants some time to cut out their selections, then explain the next part of the activity.
Pick a food group and call it out. The participants must find a food that fits into that group (from their collection of magazine images) and place it on the correct section of the plate, holding up both the picture and the plate so that you can see it. Award points for speed and accuracy, correcting any misconceptions that may crop up.