Are You Drinking Candy? Sugar Awareness Poster
Shocking Poster About Beverages and Sugar
When you need to look your very best right now! This poster was made by customer request.
Learning objectives and benefits:
- This colorful 18X24 sugar awareness poster from Food and Health Communications, will educate and entertain on any wall.
- It uses an infographic to help people visualize how much sugar is in many of the popular drinks they choose every day. Beverages can be a major source of sugar and calories in the diet and many research studies show that the satiety is not equal to the calories consumed.
- Best of all, the Are You Drinking Candy Poster comes with handouts that support the Dietary Guideline's message about beverages being the source of 50% of the sugar in the American Diet.
- Use this poster for wellness fairs, classrooms, offices, cafeterias and more. This high quality poster is on heavy glossy paper and has a UV coating for protection.
- All of these drinks are found in fast food restaurants, coffee shops and convenience stores.
- The colors used in this poster represent candy. They are also designed to attract the human eye and bring a call to action.
- One teaspoon of sugar is found in one small lollipop.
- There are many discussion points that can be used for this poster.
- Water and unsweetened tea are the best choices
- One juice drink has the equivalent of 6 lollipops
- A sports drink has almost 9 lollipops worth of sugar
- Sweetened tea has more sugar than a large soda
- 1 teaspoon equals 4 grams of sugar. Now they can calculate any drink
- Large sweetened coffee and energy drinks are almost identical in sugar content
Size: 18X24 Poster, laminated
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 8 - 100
BONUS: Activity sheet provides 5 activities for classes and wellness fairs to discover the sugar in favorite beverages. It will also tell you which lollipop has 1 teaspoon of sugar per pop so you can make an attractive display in your classroom, bulletin board or wellness fair table.
BONUS: Handout provides great nutritious drink choices like skim milk, water, real fruit smoothies and yogurt shakes, so you can provide great alternatives.
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. These can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends. The process of creating infographics can be referred to as data visualization, information design, or information architecture. (Source: wikipedia)
Choose from 2 formats:
PRINT: One print poster is shipped and the activity/handout files are available now via download.
DOWNLOAD: Download the printable poster and activity/handout files when you see the option above. Use it in LED displays, on the web, for print or anywhere you want. It is an 18X24" 300 DPI file in CMYK. Convert to RGB for web and screen display using any graphic editor.
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.