Are You Drinking Candy? Sugar Awareness Poster
This shocking poster about beverages and sugar shows that some people might be drinking a lot of candy!
Learning objectives and benefits:
- This colorful 18"X24" sugar awareness poster will educate and entertain on any wall.
- It uses an infographic to help people visualize how much sugar is in many of the popular drinks they choose every day.
- Beverages can be a major source of sugar and calories in the diet and many research studies show that the satiety from beverages is not equal to the calories consumed.
- Best of all, the Are You Drinking Candy Poster comes with handouts that support the Dietary Guideline's message about beverages being the source of 50% of the sugar in the American Diet.
- Use this poster for wellness fairs, classrooms, offices, cafeterias and more. This high-quality poster is on heavy glossy paper and is laminated for protection.
- All of these popular drinks are everywhere consumers go, including fast-food restaurants, coffee shops, and convenience stores.
- The colors used in this poster attract the human eye and encourage a call to action.
- One teaspoon of sugar is found in one small lollipop.
- This beverage awareness poster about sugar and beverages makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
- There are many discussion points that can be used for this poster.
- Water and unsweetened tea are the best choices
- One juice drink has the equivalent of about 6 lollipops
- A sports drink has almost 9 lollipops worth of sugar
- Sweetened tea has more sugar than a large soda
- 1 teaspoon equals 4 grams of sugar.
- Large sweetened coffee and energy drinks are almost identical in sugar content
Size: 18X24 Poster, laminated
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 8 - 100
BONUS: The activity sheet provides 5 activities for classes and wellness fairs to discover the sugar in favorite beverages. It will also tell you which lollipop has 1 teaspoon of sugar per pop so you can make an attractive display in your classroom, bulletin board or wellness fair table.
BONUS: Handout provides great nutritious drink choices like skim milk, water, real fruit smoothies, and yogurt shakes, so you can provide great alternatives.
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. These can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends. The process of creating infographics can be referred to as data visualization, information design, or information architecture. (Source: Wikipedia)
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the handout image above. The poster itself is not available for download.