Sports Nutrition Basics PowerPoint and Handouts
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning objectives & benefits:
Participants will learn about carbohydrates and how they are the important fuel for the body.
- Myths that protein is needed to build muscle are discussed.
- Hydration is emphasized.
- Aerobic and anaerobic exercise nutrition needs are given.
- Optimal diet for athletes overview sheet is given with examples of foods that fit the macronutrient ratios suggested.
- Tips are presented on when and how to use sports beverages and bars.
- Hyponatremia is defined along with tips for avoiding it.
- Tips are also given for before, during and after performance.
There are two formats for the materials - one is more advanced and the other is more basic.
- Coaches Show: This is a more advanced show for coaches and college or adult athletes. 40+ PowerPoint slides and 20 color overheads.
- Kids Show: This is a simple, fun show for kids and lower-literate audiences. 30+ PowerPoint slides and 20 color overheads (same as coach's show).
- Handouts: Help athletes remember the important messages, what to eat for training, what to do before an event, the importance of a high quality, high-CHO diet - presented for both coaches/adults and kids - 15 pages of handouts and leader guide.
- Number of slides: 40+ for coaches, 30+ for kids
- Number of handout pages with leader guide: 15
- Target audience: Ages 8 - 100; great for kids, endurance athletes, teams, coaches and anyone who wants to learn more about fueling for training and competition for sports
- Approximate length of show: 1 hour
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates to the digital file.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.