Pregnancy: Eating Healthy for you and Your Baby Handouts and PPT Show
When you want to look your very best now...
Learning objectives & benefits:
Show women of childbearing age how to eat before, during and after pregnancy.
Pregnancy: Eating Right for You and Your Baby by Rebecca Fraley, MS, RD, and Food and Health Communications, Inc. (with special add ons about weight gain by Amy Jones, M.S., R.D., L.D.) will inform and motivate individuals to eat whole, healthful foods that are nutrient dense and important for the health of mom and baby.
55 slide PowerPoint show with speakers notes (and matching handouts) includes these topics that every mom-to-be will want to know. Here is all the information you need so you don't have to look all of this up every time - use it again and again. The graphics and colors are pink and blue. Materials promote breastfeeding.
- Information on getting enough folate, calcium and nutrients
- FDA's most recent guidelines for fish and seafood so you don't eat too much mercury
- What to do if you gain too much
- How to deal with cravings
- How to handle heartburn, indigestion, nausea and more
- Pregnancy eating plan
- What to expect each trimester
- Breastfeeding tips
14 Ready-to-Print informative color handouts in PDF explain the most important basics to women who are pregnant:
Note: Handout set is available by email delivery for just $15 - call 800-462-2352 for this option.
- Getting Ready for Baby
- Healthy Eating Plan: how many of each food group foods to eat, what to drink, how often to eat, what to avoid, the fish rules, folate and the most important source of nutrients for baby is YOU
- Eating Fruits and Vegetables
- Weight Gain
- Healthful Cravings (includes a great chart for many craved foods and what to eat instead, i.e. try this fruit smoothie instead of an ice cream bowl!)
- What to Expect Each Trimester
- Dealing with Discomfort: morning sickness, constipation, heartburn
- Complications and Diet: Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Gestational Diabetes
- Fun quiz to test their knowledge
- About Weight Gain
- Manage Cravings
- Starting Heavy
- Starting Thin
- Number of slides: 55
- Number of handout pages with leader guide: 14
- Target audience: Woman of child-bearing age
- Approximate length of show: 45-60 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates to the digital file.