Nutrition: Get the Facts
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning objectives & benefits:
The Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of the USDA stated, "putting this knowledge (of the Dietary Guidelines) into practice is difficult. More than 90 million Americans are affected by chronic diseases and conditions that compromise their quality of life and well-being. Overweight and obesity, which are risk factors for diabetes and other chronic diseases, are more common than ever before. To correct this problem, many Americans must make significant changes in their eating habits and lifestyles."
Here are the main topics of this PowerPoint show that summarize the research and provide the most important things you can do to better your health through nutrition. You can help consumers focus on the right things to do that really matter for their health - regardless of what they have "heard."
Every one will have fun reading the myths and nearly everyone has heard of at least one.
This show does a great job of bringing together the most important information from the Dietary Guidelines, MyPlate and the Nutrition Facts Panel. It teaches everyone not to focus on myths and quick fixes but what they really need to know to have a nutrient dense diet along with a balance of calories in and out.
- Balance your diet
- Get enough nutrient-rich foods
- Limit nutrient poor foods
- Balance eating/exercise
- No magic bullet
- Debunking myths - no you do not need to buy that expensive bottle of juice or antioxidants
- Number of PowerPoint slides with speaker's notes: 39
- Number of handout pages with leader guide (PDF): 6
- Target audience: Ages 12 - 100
- Approximate length of show: 30 - 45 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus a CD shipped to you plus lifetime updates to the digital file.