Myths and Facts for The Paleo Diet PowerPoint and Handout Lesson
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning objectives & benefits:
The paleo diet calls for a return to early man’s eating habits, focusing on meat, certain vegetables, fish, nuts, and some fruit. People eating a paleo diet typically skip grains, vegetable oils, legumes, dairy products, refined sugars, and processed food. This diet is higher in fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium than the DASH diet, which is a heart-healthy diet low in saturated fat, trans fat, and sodium, with a focus on fresh, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, grains, etc. It also includes small levels of lean meats, fatty fish, and low-fat/nonfat dairy. The DASH diet is also higher in fiber and calcium than the paleo diet.
All this doesn’t mean that paleo is bad, per se, but your clients need to be smart about how you apply its principles. That means eating plenty of fruits and vegetables -- especially calcium-rich leafy greens -- choosing lean cuts of meat, skipping bottled salad dressings and other sodium-laden foods, etc. The simple-to-understand PowerPoint show and accompanying copy-ready handouts and leader guide provide basic information to your clients:
What Is the Paleo Diet?:
Paleo vs DASH:
- Make the DASH
- A word about Beans
- Comparing a Paleo Day with a DASH Day
Paleo and Your Heart:
- Make a Paleo Diet Better for You
- Choose Lean Meat, Eat More Fruits & Veggies, Skip the Coconut Oils
- Quick Quiz and Review
- Number of slides: 36 with speaker's notes
- Number of handout pages in PDF: 1
- Meal Breakdown in Excel: 1 page
- Target audience: Ages 18 to 100
- Approximate length of show: 25 - 30 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus a CD shipped to you plus lifetime updates to the digital file.