MyPlate Start Simple Poster
The new 2020 MyPlate message is "keep it simple" and this poster shows how easy it is to take MyPlate everywhere. Here are three easy steps:
- At Home: When you're at home, it can be easy to make your plate look like MyPlate. Just grab a 9-inch plate out of your cabinet and fill half of it with fruits and vegetables. They can be in the form of a salad, a soup, sliced fruit, whole fruit -- really anything you like! Then divide the other half of your plate between whole grains, lean protein and nonfat dairy. You can top your salad with a scoop of rice and lentils, stir plain nonfat yogurt into your soup to give it more heft, add a side of grilled chicken or fish, or sprinkle things with a bit of reduced fat cheese, as just a few examples. The possibilities are endless!
- At a Restaurant: It's still simple to follow MyPlate at a restaurant -- just visualize a balanced MyPlate as you make your order. Keep fruits and vegetables as the focus and remember to choose lean protein over fattier cuts of meat, whole grains instead of refined grains, and low to no-fat dairy instead of full-fat options. Your server can help you make any substitutions you might want to bring your plate closer to MyPlate too.
- At Work or School: Packing a lunch? Balance your bag just like MyPlate! Most of what you're eating should be fruits and veggies, so make that the focus of your lunch and use any snacks you pack as an opportunity to add whatever MyPlate elements you need to include for the day. For example you could pack an apple with low-fat cheese, celery with peanut butter and raisins, a vegetable and fruit smoothie or a combination of different vegetables with hummus. All are filling snacks that focus on the elements of MyPlate that best boost your health.
About MyPlate and the Keep It Simple Program
- MyPlate is the USDA icon that represents the best way to eat using food groups.
- The Start Simple campaign begins now to get ready for the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines
- Starting simple is a very encouraging way to help individuals take a step in the right direction for better eating throughout their busy days
- MyPlate posters use attractive and vibrant illustrations to emphasize plenty of healthful options in each food group. These USDA my plate posters all have positive messages.
- Easy-to-read tips help individuals learn how to make healthy choices for Fruits, Vegetables, Lean Proteins and Whole Grains, and how to fill their plate the healthy way. Tips are given so dairy foods remain low in fat, sugar and sodium yet high in calcium.
- These posters for My Plate emphasize recommendations from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans that individuals need to eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, plus lean protein and low-fat/nonfat dairy products.
- This message is positive, easy to understand and a great visual.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
- Ground-breaking strategies to engage your audience:
- Our rich colors in all my plate posters stand out from the pack.
- Messages are positive and easily understood.
- The research holds nothing back and ensures message integrity:
- When you buy MyPlate posters from us, you don't have to worry about sneaky additions of processed foods because we are not supported by big industry advertising.
- Unbiased, science-based information is always at the heart of our materials, especially our MyPlate posters because we do not accept advertising.
- Valuable bonuses:
- Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 4 - 100
- Size: 18X24 laminated, copyright 2019
- All materials are very high quality so they are made to last: thick glossy paper and professional laminating are the hallmark of every poster.
- Health Poster Topics: MyPlate, MiPlato, Nutrition, Healthy Diet, Balanced Diet, Dietary Guidelines, Fruits and Vegetables
"Thanks! Your MyPlate poster just arrived and it looks great! It is already posted on the hallway for all to see." Karen Newton, Program Manager, West Virginia University Cooperative Extension
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.