Food Label Math Poster
Now you can teach your students and clients all about the math of the food label. A tiny bit of math knowledge can go a long way towards making better decisions in the grocery store.
Check out the matching food label math tearpad for this poster here.
This popular poster provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the Nutrition Facts Panel also known as the food label that will start appearing now in stores and is required to be shown by 2018. We also have a more simple version of the new food label poster here.
It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Here are the vital nutrition math and STEM lessons that you can teach with this one poster:
- How many calories does this food have?
- How many calories are in the whole package?
- How many calories should the average person eat in a day?
- What is high or low for the daily value?
- Where does salt come from?
- How much trans fat should you eat in a day?
- How do you tell how much added sugar is in a food?
- How much added sugar should I eat in a day?
- Let's compare two labels: one yogurt without added sugar and one yogurt with added sugar.
- What is "added sugar" according to the new FDA rule?
- Includes PDF handout, Try It Out, as shown in photo
- Ages 10 to Adult
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.