Diet and Cholesterol Education PowerPoint
This program is up to date with the recent updates from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Risk in Adults.
Learning objectives and benefits:
The National Cholesterol Education Program ATP III recommends, "Cholesterol lowering is important for young, middle-aged, and older adults. 1 out of every 2 men and 1 out of every 3 women will develop heart disease sometime in their life. Whether you have heart disease or want to prevent it, you can reduce your risk for having a heart attack by lowering your cholesterol level."
The new 2013 Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management Guidelines state that diet and lifestyle are the most important steps. They also emphasize that total cholesterol and HDL management are very important to keep your 10 year heart attack risk score low.
- The Diet and Cholesterol Education PowerPoint and Handout Lesson is designed to help all individuals understand their cholesterol numbers and learn how to lower them using diet and exercise.
- Based on the most updated information to date from research, the National Cholesterol Education Program ATP III and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Our recommendations follow the TLC Plan that helps reduce cholesterol levels and decrease chances of developing heart disease, future heart attacks, and other heart disease complications.
- Your participants will learn how important it is to manage their cholesterol levels to avoid heart disease which is the number one killer of women and men in the United States.
- Help them keep the quality in all of their years of life and lower their healthcare costs!
- Major risk factors are given along with a great online website from NHLBI to check risk.
PLUS your participants will learn, without a doubt, about all the foods that raise cholesterol: high cholesterol foods, foods with saturated fat, sugar, coffee without filters, whole dairy foods and tropical oils. All of these items have been shown in studies to raise LDL cholesterol.
But the good news is that they will learn about all the foods that lower cholesterol like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans. Smaller, more frequent meals, fish and fiber are all important, too.
And the Cholesterol Education show also helps them see what a heart healthy day looks like in food. We go from a delicious high fiber breakfast all the way to dinner with great ideas they can enjoy at home. Heart healthy is very clear and very delicious. Reminders are given for exercise, too.
The participant will learn:
- What do my "lab results" mean?
- Which foods raise cholesterol?
- What should you eat to keep your blood cholesterol numbers low?
- 5 easy steps you can do to lower your cholesterol after watching our show.
The Cholesterol Education Handouts are very comprehensive and fun to use as class activities or take home reminders and here is what you receive:
- Cholesterol: Know Your Numbers
- Give Your Heart Some TLC
- What Raises Cholesterol
- Solve the Cholesterol Crossword Puzzle
- Substitute Your Way to Lower Cholesterol
- Word Search and Info for Kids
- Answers to Word Search
- Heart Quiz
- 10 Ways to Lower LDL
- Control LDL and HDL
- Word Search for Your Heart
- Cholesterol Lowering Menu
- Heart Healthy Recipes
- Heart Healthy Shopping List
- Notes from the Author
Add a colorful "Cholesterol Poster" to your classroom.
Add a matching "Cholesterol Tearpad" for Lowering Cholesterol.
- Number of slides in PowerPoint with speaker's notes: 67
- Number of handout pages with leader guide in PDF: 19
- Target audience: adults who have high cholesterol or who want to keep their cholesterol numbers in check, inservice education, cardiac rehab, diabetes education (most persons who have diabetes are at a greater risk for heart disease), wellness fairs, nutrition education
- Approximate length of show: 45-50 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates to the digital file.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.