Here is a simple show based on our poster and tearpad: Diabetes How to Carb Count it is Easy As 1-2-3.
Participants learn three easy lessons:
- How to read a food label to find carbohydrates. How to evaluate if a food product is "heart-healthy by looking at sodium, saturated fat, and trans fat. Does it have fiber? Or added sugar?
- What is a carbohydrate serving to manage diabetes? How to figure it out by reading a label? What is the amount of common foods? This point will also illustrate the third point.
- Instead of going crazy memorizing foods and looking them up on unwieldy lists, make a healthy diabetes plate by filling half your plate with non-starchy vegetables, one-quarter healthy protein, and one-quarter whole grain or starchy veg. This will put you in an acceptable "per meal" range of carbohydrates for most people. It is a simple rule of thumb for people on the go!
- 10 PowerPoint slides in a PowerPoint file - see example above, includes speakers notes, PDF included, too
- One diabetes grocery list handout in PDF
- It takes about 15 minutes to show the show and answer questions - this is perfect for adding to lectures or using for counseling
- In English
- Ages 8 to 100
Paid orders get a download via email right away.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.