School lunch rules are here! It is hard to read all of them at once you have to download many files to follow them. And you have to train new staff members all the time. This poster defines all of the important points and guidelines on one easy-to-read poster that is a great reminder for existing staff and a wonderful training tool for new staff. It is easy to follow the rules when you can see them every day!
Learning objectives & benefits for School Lunch Guidelines Poster:
- The format on the poster is clear and easy to read.
- Emphasize the new dietary guidelines and MyPlate.
- Keep up with new USDA guidelines for school lunches at-a-glance.
- Help them eat a more balanced diet.
- Calorie minimums and maximum per grade level.
- Daily and weekly recommended servings for vegetables, fruits, dairy, grains and proteins per grade level.
- Easy to read guidelines on what to reduce and increase in the kitchen for staff.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 6 - 100
Size: 18X24 laminated, copyright 2013
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.
"Thanks! Your MyPlate poster just arrived and it looks great! It is already posted on the hallway for all to see." Karen Newton, Program Manager, West Virginia University Cooperative Extension