My Plate Education Resources and Materials
Learning Objectives and Benefits:
The MyPlate Education Materials Bundle shows your clients how they can make a healthy plate for every meal using all of the MyPlate food groups in the proper portion sizes and proportions. There is nothing more simple than using a plate for a visual for healthful eating.
MyPlate Poster (18X24 inches, laminated):
- Tips are given on this nutrition education poster for getting proper amounts of MyPlate food groups each day.
- Our illustrations show only healthful food choices from each group.
- Easy-to-read tips help individuals learn how to make healthy choices for each food group.
- Specific portions are shown so they can make a healthy plate.
MyPlate PPT & Handout Lesson on CD - introduces the new MyPlate Healthy Plate concept from the USDA along with all of the important information about the food groups and their serving sizes and definitions. Highlights include:
- USDA Food icon history - 4 food groups, Food Guide Pyramid, MyPyramid, MyPlate
- MYPLATE - overview
- Food groups/plate sections - definitions, servings, recommended number of servings
- Make MyPlate - Healthier Makeovers to save almost 5000 calories in 8 meals
- 6 Messages from USDA and Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Plate Trivia - Is this a healthy plate?
- 3 shows in one:
- preschool-aged show
MyPlate Color Handout Tearpad - brand NEW!
- Our 75-sheet tearpads are printed on glossy, high-quality paper with colorful images on the front and black and white information on the back of each sheet.
Which foods are in each group?
- What is a fruit?
- What is a vegetable?
- What is a protein food?
- What is a dairy food?
- What are whole grain foods?
- What is a serving size?
- How many servings should I eat?
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 4 - 100