My Plate Activity Workbook for Kids Nutrition Lessons
The MyPlate Activity Workbook for Students and Classrooms is FUN!
Great story with illustrations:
- Read the story about Captain Health and the Case of the Disappearing Nutrients.
- It is illustrated and tells a story about a lunchroom at Sofa Elementary School that has a sneaky problem.
- Captain Health comes to the rescue.
- Everyone loves to read a good story and Captain Health and the case of the missing nutrients explains everything they need to know to eat better lunches every day.
Create A Snack With MyPlate
- Create great snacks with MyPlate.
- Each snack ingredient is listed under its food group.
- Kids get to create 3 snacks.
- Have a contest or post a new snack each week featuring a new student's creation.
UH OH! Find the MyPlate Imposters!
- A fun activity to find the foods that are hiding under the wrong groups.
- Emphasizes the use of food groups for nutrition.
What's In It?
Page 1 - Cover
Pages 2 to 6 - The story of Captain Health and the Missing Nutrients - take turns reading aloud and find out how Sir Eats-A_Lot has replaced all the healthful foods with foods that are loaded with solid fats and added sugars
Page 7 - Worksheet using a list of foods in food groups to create MyPlate snacks
Page 8 - MyPlate Impostors puzzle - solve the puzzle by finding the foods in each of the MyPlate food groups that don't belong. (Hint: there is a chicken hiding in the vegetable group!)
BONUS Handout Download:
Create an advertisement for MyPlate - great for older kids so they can explain a few of their favorite things about MyPlate. Draw your favorite foods. And then add advice for others so they can take advantage of MyPlate, too.
- Grades K to 3
- 8.5"X 11"
- 8 pages
- Saddle stitched
- Printed in color