Plated Presentation Class
Making a more professional and attractive presentation is necessary because the public is used to photos of starred restaurant meals, magazines, social media, and the food channel! It is also necessary to make healthful food appetizing. The lessons learned here can be taught to staff members, consumers, and students.
Audience: dietitians, food service managers, chefs, dietary managers, home economists, culinary art instructors, bloggers and anyone who wants to make better plated presentations
Description: the basics of modern plated presentations to make food more attractive.
22 lessons with lectures, videos, skill building assignments, and a chef's critique of photos from dietitians and foodservice managers. Watch many lessons on DVD then use the CD and PDFs for resources, skill building, glossary, and review.
Use the DVD on your own laptop or for a classroom.
- Learn the elements of an attractive plate presentation
- Learn the mistakes of plate presentations so these can be avoided
- Learn the basics of artistic composition so they can be employed to make every plate attractive both easily and quickly with confidence
- Learn skills for using sauces and how to present them
- Learn basic garnishes that are complementary and visually interesting and palatable for food
- Learn where to go to stay up to date on trends and techniques for social media and industry lists
- Get valuable feedback from a professional chef on your own photos
Note: this is a copy of a course that is similar to an online course Food and Health Communications except it is in DVD format and it does not contain a certificate for CPE hours.