Food Label Handout Tearpad
This is the current food label that is in use from now through July 2018. Click here to see all of the new food label materials and you will find new food label posters, new food label handout tearpads, new food label PowerPoint shows, and games that teach about the new food label.
Chronic diseases of affluence, which include heart disease, stroke, diabetes and certain cancers are the top causes of death in the US. Furthermore they negatively impact the quality of life for millions of people and they are the cause of over 75% of the expenses for medicare. They can be prevented and even treated with a better diet and lifestyle. The first step in helping individuals learn to eat better is to learn to shop better. The nutrition facts panel is on the back of many foods but most shoppers do not know how to read it quickly or what any of the terms on the label mean. This handout is as easy as one two three to teach everyone how to read a label. Better still it has a healthy shopping list so they know WHAT to put in their shopping cart!
Use the Nutrition Facts Label Color Handout Tearpad - each tearpad is 75 sheets - full color on the front and black and white on the back.
Front side: Nutrition Facts Label with concise success tips to read a food label.
- Now they will understand just how to read a nutrition facts label.
- Count calories.
- Keep it healthy for the heart.
- What's in it for me? Check fiber and nutrients!
- AND they can make better buying decisions.
Back side: MyPlate Healthy Shopping List:
- Only healthy foods are on the list.
- The list is half fruits and vegetables, just like MyPlate.
- Go lean with protein.
- Make half the grains whole.
- Reminder to make a healthy plate is given in the side bar.
- Guidance to lower sodium and saturated fat using Daily Value.
- AND a reminder to buy fewer SOFAS, too.