Diet and Type 2 Diabetes - 3 PowerPoints Shows with Speaker's Notes and Handouts
Download digital files now, 3 PowerPoint Shows with Speaker's Notes, Plus PDF Handouts:
1. Type 2 Diabetes Overview PowerPoint Show: Progression and Remission (36 slides):
- What is diabetes and how does it occur?
- What are the symptoms and risk factors?
- Heart disease and DM Type 2
- Insulin resistance & impaired glucose tolerance,
- What is the optimal diet for Type 2 DM?
- Can you reverse it?
2. Optimal Diet for Type 2 Diabetes (high fiber, plant-based DASH style diet, nutrient-dense)
- Explanation of each food group
- How to eat more fiber
- How to lower calories without feeling hungry
- How to plan meals
- How to eat the most optimal diet to lower the chances of heart disease and to have a chance at reversing Type 2 diabetes or keeping blood sugar and weight in control
- This is not food exchanges or carb counting it is a Mediterranean or DASH style diet that is high in fiber and low in calorie density
- Diabetes Healthy Plate shown
3. Guide to Losing Weight With Diabetes (30+ Slides Each)
- Strategies for losing weight and keeping it off based on the Weight Control Registry where folks kept 30 pounds or more off for 5 years or more plus the Dietary Guidelines and
Handouts in PDF
Over 30 great handouts plus leader/activity guide to help your clients eat heart-healthy, lose weight, exercise, read food labels properly and make better choices when eating out so they can reduce their need for medications.
Menu and Recipes in Word- for 2 weeks of nutritious, healthy meals plus a healthy shopping list designed for Type 2 Diabetes patients. A nutritional analysis is included. The entire menu is in an Excel file on the CD so you can make changes to accommodate patient preferences.
- Number of slides with speaker's notes for all three programs ( separate shows): over 100
- Number of handout pages with leader guide (PDF): over 30
- Target audience: Adults with diabetes or prediabetes
- Approximate length of each show: 30 - 40 minutes
- Based on CDC, ADA, AHA, NIH guidelines
Get an immediate digital download right now