Diet Poster - Cook for A Better Weigh
Learning objectives and benefits:
- Comparisons of calorie counts in restaurant vs home-cooked meals are very clear and concise on this 18 X 24 weight loss poster. Startling numbers for popular restaurant dishes, such as grilled chicken, lasagna, and clam chowder are shown.
- Individuals are given tips for cooking light at home: use less cheese, choose lean meats, use more vegetables, cook with little fat and choose skim or fat-free dairy.
- Clients will see the benefits of preparing most meals at home, not only in terms of saving calories, but in saving money and time as well.
This lesson is part of the 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss, by Food and Health Communications.
- The 12 Lessons can be used for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program to teach a new, timely weight management lesson/skill each month (or week).
- You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more.
- All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 15 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.