Be Carb Smart Poster
Learning objectives & benefits:
- Compares calorie-dense carbs and calorie-light carbs and provides information that helps the individual learn to make the right food choices.
- Explains how higher-fiber carbs, such as whole grains, beans, fruits and veggies help you eat fewer calories.
- Includes healthful tips, such as choosing fresh fruit more often, eating a low-fat salad every day, baking instead of frying your potatoes, and cutting back on baked goods and sweets. Great advice!
- Fun and vibrant illustrations show ‘preferred’ and ‘calorie-dense’ carbohydrates battling it out at tug-of-war.
- Supports the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, which shows that most Americans need to increase fiber along with consumption of nutrient-rich carbohydrates.
- This individual 18 X 24 weight loss poster is part of a new 12-lesson program, by Food and Health Communications, for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program. You can teach a new, timely weight management lesson/skill each month (or week). You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more. All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate. Topics chosen are meant to support today’s consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 12 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.