Now you can teach your students and clients all about the math of the food label. A tiny bit of math knowledge can go a long way towards making better decisions in the grocery store. This Food Label Math tearpad matches this Food Label Math poster.
This popular tearpad provides an in-depth and comprehensive look at the Nutrition Facts Panel also known as the food label that will start appearing now in stores and is required to be shown by 2018. We also have a more simple version of this tearpad here.
Here are the vital nutrition math and STEM lessons that you can teach with this one tearpad:
- How many calories does this food have?
- How many calories are in the whole package?
- How many calories should the average person eat in a day?
- What is high or low for the daily value?
- What is the daily value?
- Where does salt come from?
- How much trans fat should you eat in a day?
- How do you tell how much added sugar is in a food?
- How much added sugar should I eat in a day?
- Let's compare two labels: one yogurt without added sugar and one yogurt with added sugar.
- What is "added sugar" according to the new FDA rule?
- Ages 10 to adult
- Full color both sides
- 50 pages
- Tearoff notepad style