Exam Room Blood Pressure Poster 12x18
This blood pressure chart poster will explain all the levels of blood pressure from normal to hypertension or high blood pressure. It will also show everyone how to eat a better diet so they can lower their blood pressure and keep it in the safe range using diet and exercise.
Updated for 2017 AHA/ACC Guidelines.
Learning objectives & benefits:
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a condition that most people will have at some point in their lives. The majority of Americans have hypertension by the time they are in their 60s and of those who are lucky enough to escape hypertension up to age 65, two-thirds will still develop it before their 75th birthday and 90% by their 85th birthday. High blood pressure is a major risk factor for senility, stroke, congestive heart failure and kidney disease.According to a recent University of California at Berkeley study, reducing salt intake by 1200mg per day (or by less than 1/3) would save as many lives over the next 10 years as if all American smokers quit tomorrow for good.
And research shows that cutting sodium intake even more to about 1200 to 1500mg/day depending on age would virtually eliminate HTN and other lills caused largely by added ("second hand") salt.
This blood pressure education poster helps your audience understand their blood pressure numbers and it provides simple steps they can take to lower their blood pressure and keep it in the safe range.
Matching blood pressure handouts teaches your audience what high blood pressure is, who should be concerned, and why chronic high blood pressure or hypertension is dangerous to their health. PLUS they learn how to lower their blood pressure. A DASH Diet eating plan sample is also included, along with website links to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and choosemyplate.gov for more information.
The Blood Pressure Poster is laminated and will last for years so you don't have to worry about replacing it for a long, long time!
- The AHA/ACC 2017 blood pressure categories of Normal, Elevated, High Blood Pressure 1 & 2, plus Hypertensive Crisis are provided and clearly shown.
- Individuals can understand their blood pressure numbers, and learn how to keep their blood pressure under control with diet and lifestyle measures shown with icons
- Colorful and detailed illustrations jump right off this laminated 12x18 inch blood pressure poster, with the damages of high blood pressure shown.
- Specific tips are clearly presented to help individuals learn how to lower their blood pressure.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
In English, for general audiences, ages 15 - 100
12 x 18 inches, laminated
Perfect for medical offices and exam rooms. Great for employee wellness programs!
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.