Learning Objectives and Benefits:
This 12 X 18 LDL Cholesterol Information poster is packed with important information that diabetes patients, heart patients, and most adults need to know to lower their risk for heart disease:
A high LDL or bad cholesterol level will put you at a higher risk of heart attack.
First the good news - the things you can do more of to lower your LDL
- Consuming foods that are high in fiber, especially soluble fiber
- Eat 6 to 8 small meals a day instead of 1 to 2 large ones
- Get enough physical activity every day
The foods to limit or avoid are shown:
- Limit the amount of saturated fat you consume
- Limit foods with added trans fat
- Limit daily cholesterol intake to no more than 100 mg per day.
And 3 more steps are given:
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- Limit your intake of sugar and fructose.
- Consider using foods with added sterols. The most popular foods available in stores are shown.
The summary is very clear: Base most of your meals on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes because they are all good sources of fiber. Consume lean animal protein foods and non-fat dairy products.
Target population: English speaking diabetes patients, heart patients, and their families and caregivers. This poster is perfect for anyone who wants to keep their LDL at an acceptable, healthful level, to avoid the risk fo heart attack.
12 X 18" poster, laminated.
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.