A catchy song is a great way to get people’s attention, and MyPlate has one for you in Reach for the Sky. This music video features kids, but the message applies to everyone. It’s easy to make a healthy plate when you consider the five food groups.
Spread the word about MyPlate and the five food groups with these ideas:
- Watch: Play some simple recipe videos, like the ones in this SNAP-Ed collection or MyPlate Kitchen, in waiting areas. People will see just how easy it is to make a healthy plate at every meal.
- Play: Learning is more fun when you’re playing MyPlate Trivia! Students or adults can test their knowledge and show how much they know about building a healthy plate.
- Display: The colorful MyPlate graphic is eye-catching. Add in some real professional photos of foods from each food group and you’ll really get some attention. This is what you’ll find in our MyPlate photo banner.
- Wear: Our MyPlate wristbands are always a hit and you can get them in English and Spanish in multiple sizes. Hand them out at health fairs or as prizes for MyPlate Trivia.
- Move: Getting back to MyPlate’s Reach for the Sky song/music video, the catchy tune and lyrics can help you get students or adults up and moving during classes, workshops, or meetings.
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD