Smile for Health Poster
We get a lot of requests for health posters. There are 5 basic habits for health that can be embraced with a SMILE: Sleep, Move, Invest, Laugh, Eat. This health poster summarizes the most important health and wellness lessons from the Center on Disease Control and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. It also includes the new USDA food icon, MyPlate.
Learning objectives and benefits:
- This colorful 18X24 health poster from Food and Health Communications, will educate and entertain on any wall.
- This health poster uses an infographic to help people visualize the 5 important reminders of health.
- Best of all, the SMile for Health Poster comes with handouts that support all 5 messages - use them all year long.
- Use this health poster for wellness fairs, classrooms, offices, cafeterias and employee lounges.
- Keeping employees, students and clients well saves everyone time and money.
- The colors used in this health poster are also designed to attract the human eye and bring a call to action. Photos of people always grab everyone's attention.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
- There are many discussion points that can be used for this health poster.
- Getting enough sleep enables you to make better decisions.
- Doing enough physical activity is easy and you don't have to do it all at once.
- A simple investment of time to wash your hands, get a flu shot and get to annual physicals goes a long way - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Laughter and stress management are two important keys to mental health.
Eat right - you are what you ingest. Use MyPlate, avoid tobacco and be sensible with alcohol.
- This poster can segue into many more classes and topics all year.
- There are great links given at the bottom to improve health literacy, too.
Size: 18X24 Poster, laminated
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 8 - 100
- Health Poster Topics: Sleep, infection control, exercise, diet, health literacy, positive attitude, balance, health posters, wellness posters
BONUS #1: Activity sheet provides 3 health-awareness activities for health classes and wellness fairs.
BONUS #1: 5 handouts provide an overview of each point: Sleep, Move, Invest, Laugh, Eat right.
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. These can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends. The process of creating infographics can be referred to as data visualization, information design, or information architecture. (Source: wikipedia)
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.