25 Ingredients Into 15 Fast Healthy Meals DVD/CD Video PowerPoint
View a flash file above of the PowerPoint show that comes with the DVD. This video teaches you to plan a menu, shop from a list and has a great list of just 25 items individuals can buy to feed a family for a week for less than it costs to take them out to one dinner! The video program utilizes simple, inexpensive healthy foods that are very easy to prepare - even a 12 year old can do it!
Learning objectives & benefits:
- This 30 minute Video DVD and 50+ slide PowerPoint CD combo show teaches clients to plan a menu, shop from a list and make many great meals all week; charts show just how much time, money and calories they save by preparing meals at home;
- The show has a list of just 25 items individuals can buy to feed a family for a week.
- It utilizes simple, inexpensive healthy foods and teaches important cost saving strategies at the grocery store for each food group
- Step into action with everything you could need in any circumstance: PowerPoint show, speaker's notes, handouts, photos, recipes and a leader guide
- Use this show for classes, wellness fairs, intranets, counseling, lunchrooms, waiting rooms and more! It is also ready to go for online learning!
- PLUS you receive tips on how to use our recipes for your own cooking demos.
- Teach many important lessons, including:
- Making balanced low-fat, high-fiber meals that are based on grains, fruits and vegetables with lean protein
- Stocking your kitchen for fast healthy meals that save significant time, money and calories from eating out.
- Meal planning and list making strategies
- Time-saving tips, money saving tips, calorie saving tips!
- Cooking tips and valuable presentation tips to make meals look professional, too
Show Specifications for video and PowerPoint show:
- Length of Video: 30 minutes, CC - Closed Caption in English and Spanish
- Length of PowerPoint Show: 30-35 minutes
- Number of slides: More than 50 slides with speaker's notes
- Number of handout pages including leader guide: 22
Here is our list of foods, starting with whole grains, then lean protein, fruits and veggies and dairy:
1.Pasta, whole grain penne
3.Tortillas, whole wheat
16.Canned diced tomatoes, no added salt
22.No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
23.Fat-free sour cream
24.Yogurt - light vanilla
- Over half the list was produce
- Bulk produce was used along with seasonal produce specials
- Protein items do not break the heart or the bank
- Dairy is fat and sugar free
- Items are low in sodium and fat
- Soda and treats and sugared cereals were not on the list
- Cost: $63
And our list of meals - including 1 snack and 2 desserts:
1. Lentils and rice - plain, winter squash, onions
2. Lentils and rice - burrito or wrap
3. Whole chicken - Roasted with potatoes/onions, carrots, salad
4. Chicken salad - with chicken, potatoes, salad
5. Chicken - pasta, broth, veggies
6. Chicken with rice - arroz con pollo
7. Chicken stir fry - spinach, celery, broccoli, onions, carrots
8. Chicken rice veggie soup
9. Fish - microwave with zucchini and rice
10. Tortilla Pizza
11. Potato Pizza - potatoes with plum tomatoes, spinach, onions, parmesan cheese
12. Baked stuffed potato - potato with broccoli, fat free sour cream, parmesan
13. Snack platter with apples, carrots, celery
14. Dessert with berries and yogurt
15. Apple sauce with a little dollop of light whipped cream
Handouts include recipes, shopping list, cooking tips, leader guide and much more!
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.