Diet Poster - Cook for A Better Weigh
Learning objectives and benefits:
- Comparisons of calorie counts in restaurant vs home-cooked meals are very clear and concise on this 18 X 24 weight loss poster. Startling numbers for popular restaurant dishes, such as grilled chicken, lasagna, and clam chowder are shown.
- Individuals are given tips for cooking light at home: use less cheese, choose lean meats, use more vegetables, cook with little fat and choose skim or fat-free dairy.
- Clients will see the benefits of preparing most meals at home, not only in terms of saving calories, but in saving money and time as well.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
This lesson is part of the 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Loss, by Food and Health Communications.
- The 12 Lessons can be used for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program to teach a new, timely weight management lesson/skill each month (or week).
- You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more.
- All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 15 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.