12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Management for Kids and Teens on Flash Drive
Learning Goals & Objectives:
This tested program, by Food and Health Communications, is great for a 3 to 12-month wellness/weight and cooking program for kids aged middle school through high school. Teach a new, timely weight management lesson and skill each month (or week). You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more. All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles. Many do not take the time to eat breakfast or cook and they eat on the run.
Many are overwhelmed with large portions, refined carbohydrates and no education about the calorie density of foods. Still more do not exercise or realize the benefits of being more active. These lessons will instruct and motivate in a positive manner for better health and weight. The Kids Kitchen Savvy program is fun with many lessons on life skills, food label reading and cooking for kids so they can learn to take care of their own health.
- Lesson 1 - Want to Lose Weight? Burn More Calories Than You Consume!
- Lesson 2 - Feel Full on Fewer Calories: Think 'Choose Right', not 'Diet'
- Lesson 3 - Portion Control: Don't Go Overboard
- Lesson 4 - Exercise to Lose and Control Weight
- Lesson 5 - Don't Drink Your Calories
- Lesson 6 - Carbohydrate 101: Not All Carbs Are Created Equal
- Lesson 7 - Snacking Smart: Think Out of the Bag
- Lesson 8 - Lower Fat for Better Weight Control
- Lesson 9 - Cooking Light Portion Control Cooking
- Lesson 10 - Fast Food Alternatives
- Lesson 11- Healthy Plate
- Lesson 12 - Stress Eating and Food Cravings
Lesson programs with multiple lessons puts your attendees in the habit of coming back to class for your knowledge and support. Group programs can make weight loss education more affordable for individuals and at the same time bring more money into your practice. If you are creating an online program, this will provide valuable content that is electronically ready!
This 12 lesson plan for weight loss breaks a difficult goal into 12 easy lessons that are relevant for today's consumer.
With the 12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Management for Kids and Teens, you receive 12 PowerPoint shows that each have over 30 slides with speaker's notes (over 360 slides with photos, illustrations and professional layout) PLUS matching handouts for just under $35 per lesson! Imagine how much time it would take you to make these slides?
- There are 12 lessons and they are flexible - teach one per day, one per week, one more month - any way you like.
- Use the leader guide to create contests and incentives - make it fun!
- Put the PowerPoint shows or handouts in a special class you teach, or on the Internet! Use them for counseling. Use them in online education programs!
- Lessons are made for today's time-pressed consumer who often has very rich food choices everywhere he turns - commercials, fast food, coffee shops, the snack cart, parties, grocery stores, gas stations and more.
- Portion control, beverage calories, calorie density, eating breakfast and more prove to be very modern topics that are realistic.
- We can also help with the HealthierUS School Challenge! Our materials promote better eating for whole grains, a healthy plate and more fruits and veggies!
12 Lessons of Wellness and Weight Management Bundle Kids and Teens:
- Lesson 1 - Want to Lose Weight? Burn More Calories than You Consume! This section includes straightforward and balanced strategies for losing weight and establishing a healthy diet.
- Lesson 2 - Feel Full on Fewer Calories: Think "Choose Right" not "Diet" - Here we explore calorie density and the importance of making wise choices when it comes to food.
- Lesson 3 - Portion Control: Don't Go Overboard - This section offers ways to control portions and avoid overeating. It explores the reasons for moderation and the dangers of ignoring portion size.
- Lesson 4 - Dining Out: Do It the Smart Weigh - But what about those times when you end up in a restaurant? This section explores dining out danger zones, a guide to healthy fast food options, and strategies to keep in mind when ordering a theoretically healthful meal.
- Lesson 5 - Don't Drink Your Calories - This lesson is a wake up that shows calorie consequences for beverages that are huge and full of fat and sugar. Here we take a serious look at the calorie to nutritional value ratio of a wide variety of beverages. Which should be consumed in small doses? Which should be avoided entirely?
- Lesson 6 - Be Carb Smart - Learn the truth about carbohydrates! This lesson reviews which carbs have nutritional value and which aren’t worth the calories. It also takes an in-depth look at whole plant foods and other preferred carbohydrates.
- Lesson 7 - Snacking Smart: Think Out of the Bag - We have to talk about snacking - it can make all the difference if done right. The intelligence doesn’t end with carbs! This section explores the value of healthy, timely snacks. In addition to reviewing the components of delicious and healthy snacks, it also looks at the health and metabolic benefits of various meal schedules.
- Lesson 8 - Lower Fat for Better Weight Control - Fat can be one sneaky macronutrient. Here, we evaluate different kinds of fats, find hidden fat sources, and share strategies for sidestepping excess and/or unhealthy fats.
- Lesson 9 - Cooking Light Portion Control Cooking - using portion control in meal preparation is important and we make it easy
- Lesson 10 - Fast Food Alternatives - a few rules, some warnings and a load of good options for those who must eat on the run
- Lesson 11 - Healthy Plate - here is an easy way to get it right - fill the plate half full with veggies and a little protein and starch
- Lesson 12 - Stress Eating and Food Cravings - stress and cravings can really take you down the wrong path; here is what to do
- Flash drive (1g) with 175 page Leader eBook with handouts and 12 PowerPoint shows that are 30+ slides and speaker's notes
- Immediate digital download of all files sent to your inbox after purchase - start working on your program right now
This program, by Food and Health Communications, is great for a 3 to 12-month kids or teens wellness/weight management incentive program and contest. Teach a new, timely weight management lesson and skill each month (or week). You can also use topics individually for wellness programs, health fairs, classes, counseling and more. All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles. Many do not take the time to eat breakfast or cook and they eat on the run.
Many families and kids are overwhelmed with large portions, refined carbohydrates and no education about the calorie density of foods. Still more do not exercise or realize the benefits of being more active. These lessons will instruct and motivate in a positive manner for better health and weight.
PLUS this program has modules written by Victoria Shanta-Retelny, MS, RD, for stress management. And exercise at home and home exercise equipment tips are given by Jan Treftz-Allen, MS. Jan bought our first set of 12 lessons and like so many of our customers, wanted a 2nd set. So we put our heads together and came up with the best lessons of all of our programs and more important things to teach kids and teens for wellness and weight loss.
Here is what other customers are saying about this our 12 Lessons Programs:
I have enjoyed your 12 Lessons of Weight Loss materials and have used the Portion Control DVD with my groups in our multidisciplinary bariatrics program. Randall Feezell. M.D.
Attached are our overall stats for the 10 week program. We had optional onsite weigh ins at about 14 locations (about of participants did this) but “Educational” materials (almost entirely your stuff) was provided online on our internal website for our locations spread far and wide around the Carolinas. 3102 employees lost 9530 pounds and now we are on our next set of 12 lessons. Thanks! Lauren Hatcher, MS, RD, LDN, CWPC
The presentation gives a great general overview of what healthy ideas need to be followed. We have added a show-and-tell portion to demonstrate what the lesson details. What might be nice to include in the presentation is more case studies as we went through each of those with our group and also look at more comparisons - people learn more when they can see the data in their own life. Including more numbers and comparing food products (and then we can bring in the example products) would assist in digesting the material better. Overall a great product for us with little extra input needed. Nice to have the framework done!
The handouts for your programs have been great. Thank you!
Materials have been very helpful and informative.
Thank you for such a thorough and concise product! We received an abundance of positive feedback from those we presented the material to, and we will continue to utilize the courses. Krista Bobo.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the wonderful added tidbits you are constantly sending us. The information is always useful, current, and fun. I recently purchased the wellness/weight management program from you and my boss (a nurse/educator) is still raving about how fantastic and versatile the program is. I am so anxious to start using it come Sept. So, thank you again, for the amazing job you do to keep us timely with our nutrition messages. Jane Hackett, MA, RD, CDE, LD
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.