Cooking Demo Ideas Book and CD
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning Objectives & Benefits:
The Cooking Demo Ideas Book is BIG - it has over 300 pages with more than 30 lessons for today's educator. Entertain and woo them with food while teaching them MANY important nutrition lessons (fiber, heart healthy, portion control, MyPlate, fruits and veggies, ethnic dishes, food safety, meal planning - to mention just a few). The way to your clients' hearts and minds is through their stomachs! Cooking classes are the number one way to get clients to try new foods and new eating habits. (References provided for this claim here.)
The Cooking Demo Ideas Book's recipes are specifically designed to:
- emphasize the use of fruit, vegetables, whole grains and beans - they are very healthy.
- are low in fat, saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol.
- and high in fiber and flavor - they look and taste GREAT!
- use ingredients that are common and inexpensive - most recipes are perfect for limited income clients.
- go together fast - get a meal in less time than it takes to go out to eat.
- teach important nutrition lessons and useful cooking preparation techniques.
- present themselves beautifully to your audience.
- are up to the minute with MyPlate and Dietary Guidelines criteria.
Recipes are well-tested (they are developed from over 18 years of publishing by a professional chef) and taste great!!
Book PLUS CD Set:
- 316 page book (NEW!)
CD with PDF file for eBook/handouts - 316 pages with leader guides and handouts
- eBook in PDF format - great for searching and printing materials in color or black and white
CD with PPT files for shows:
2 PPT shows:
- Recipe Modification: 50 slide PowerPoint show with speaker's notes - our best tips on modifying recipes
- Menu Planning and Shopping Tips: 21 slide PowerPoint show with speaker's notes - 3 ways to plan - pick what is best for you but learn how to do all three!
- 2 PPT shows:
Plus there is MORE!:
- PowerPoint slides show fat savings on many tips
- Cooking demo success tips - look like a professional chef with minimal effort - be prepared and show many steps easily just like the pros on the Food Channel
- Every lesson gives you an equipment and shopping list PLUS it has make ahead and presentation tips and number of tastings
- Food safety reminders and bonus food safety handout -help everyone stay safe
- Bonus leader guide for even more classes, i.e.: diabetes, cancer, etc.
- BONUS - appendix with favorite recipes and more lesson ideas
- Use for food and cooking demos. Health professionals agree that showing people how to cook and letting them taste healthy food increases the likelihood that they will want to try healthy foods at home. There is no better way to get your message across than with food!
- This book has all of the updated recipes from previous Cooking Demo Kits that are faster and they follow MyPlate, plus more of our favorite recipes, plus favorite handouts plus a MyPlate Cooking Demo section.
Customers are saying...
"Just wanted to thank you for the Cooking Demo material. It is terrific and I'm busy planning fall and winter programs with it. I can't tell you what a lifesaver it is to have all those wonderful recipes already tested and the handouts ready to go." Jane E. Ziegler, MS, RD, CNSD The Allen Center for Nutrition Cedar Crest College
"I was able to successfully download the materials. Next month I am conducting a healthy eating workshop for a local community center. I think these materials will be an awesome add-on to my presentation." Tiffany Jones
About the author...
Judy Doherty, PC II, is the Chef and Publisher of Food and Health Communications. Judy became interested in cooking at an early age, when she helped her grandmother in the kitchen. She graduated 2nd in her class from the Culinary Institute of America. Judy attended the Fachschule Richemont in Lucerne, Switzerland, where she studied pastry arts and baking. She has many awards including the prestigious American Culinary Federation Gold Medal. She has ProChef II Certification from the CIA. Food and Health Communications is a private publishing company that is dedicated to making nutrition education look and taste great. They have been in business for more than 18 years and are online at foodandhealth.com.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.