My Plate PowerPoint - 3 Shows: MyPlate PowerPoint, My Plate Kids PowerPoint, My Plate PowerPoint Express
Most consumers really need to learn about nutrition, but they are often too pressed for time and they are also misinformed or confused by media messages. The My Plate PowerPoint and Handout Lesson uses the concept of a healthy plate to teach a balanced diet AND portion control. It's a simple lesson that is easy to follow.
3 Shows in one: Comprehensive MyPlate Adult PowerPoint Show, MyPlate PowerPoint Show Express (for time pressed ocassions or limited income audiences), and MyPlate for Kids Show
Highlights of Choose MyPlate PowerPoint Show include:
- USDA Food icon history: 4 food groups, Food Guide Pyramid, MyPyramid, My Plate
- MY PLATE - quick overview
- Food groups - what are food groups and how many of them are there?
- Healthier MyPlate Makeovers save almost 5,000 calories in 8 popular meals:
- Fish and Chips
- Burger and Fries
- Pasta and Meatballs
- Fried Chicken/Macaroni and Cheese
- Baked Goods
- Six Takeaway Messages from USDA and Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Plate Trivia - Is this a healthful plate?
- MyPlate Quiz
- My Plate Example
- My Plate Makeover
- Choose My Plate Guide Sheet and Tips
- Fun game for My Plate Important Points
- Any meal made with the MyPlate formula saves calories, even if it is fried chicken.
- Calorie savings are surprisingly significant on the makeovers.
- Plan, order and serve a meal everywhere you go.
- Play choose my plate trivia at the end so you have it down pat.
Detailed Speaker's Notes help you present your lesson with professionalism.
Our talented artists ensure the best design that competes with industry advertising.
- Our rich illustrations and graphics stand out from the pack.
- Messages are positive and easily understood.
- Our MyPlate Shows are incredible not solely because they support the message of food groups, but they only use the heart healthy nutrient-rich foods in each category.
- We do not have to add processed foods to our materials because we are not supported by big industry advertising.
- Unbiased, science-based information is always at the heart of our materials because we do not accept advertising.
- Food and Health Communications, Inc. is a proud National Strategic Partner for MyPlate.
Valuable bonuses from Nutrition Education Store:
- All PowerPoint Shows come with free handouts.
- 3 Shows for the price of one: Express show is for 30 minute lunch and learn programs or less literate audiences, the full show is very comprehensive and the kids show is great for schools!
- Update guarantee - if we update our materials you can download the update for free or purchase the physical copy for half price. Get rid of the food pyramid and food guide pyramid materials and update to USDA MyPlate today!
- 3 PowerPoint shows - you get 3 Complete PowerPoint Presentations with speaker's notes for different audiences and occasions:
- Long PowerPoint show: 70+, with speaker's notes
- Express PowerPoint show: 30 slides with speaker's notes
- Kindergarten PowerPoint show - 15 slides for a short but fun PowerPoint show for kids to keep them engaged: pictures and quizzes plus speaker's notes
- Number of handout pages with leader guide: 11
- Target audience: Ages 5 - 100
- Approximate length of PowerPoint shows: 25 - 40 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates to the digital file.
"Thanks! Your MyPlate poster just arrived and it looks great! It is already posted on the hallway for all to see." Karen Newton, Program Manager, West Virginia University Cooperative Extension
Here is the preview for the Kindergarten show:
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.