Salt Tubes Display Kit - How Much Salt?
How Much Salt?
Every day, the average American eats two to four times the recommended salt intake! Too much salt and sodium can raise blood pressure as well as keep blood pressure high in people with hypertension. How Much Salt?
will help you counsel people of all ages to make wise decisions by allowing children, teens or adults to see how much salt is in their food. Because consumers are familiar with salt, sodium values have been converted to salt for display in the test tubes. The tubes contain the following foods. (12 tubes)
- Average American Salt Intake
- Pork Chops
- Recommended Salt Intake
- Amount of Salt Needed Daily
- Fast Food Cheeseburger
- Canned Chicken Noodle Soup
- Homemade Soup
- Potato Chips
- Canned Chow Mein
- A Typical Picnic Meal (Hot Dog, Chips & Beans)
This set comes with a brochure with information and teaching ideas. 10 are about 1/2" in diameter with 2 larger tubes being 1" in diameter. Please store away from high heat sources or sunlight.
There are so many ways you can use your salt tubes.
- You can display real food next to each tube.
- Or add more popular foods from your area and have consumers measure out the salt to go next to each one.
- Compare a real potato next to potato chips for a great lesson on refined versus whole foods.