Eating With Diabetes PowerPoint and Handout Lesson
When you need to look your very best now...
Learning objectives & benefits:
Since blood sugar control is the primary goal with diabetes management – whether type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes – some foods are better at stabilizing blood sugar (i.e., slow carbs) and others raise blood sugar more quickly (i.e., fast carbs). The key is balancing your plate with all food groups: carbohydrates, lean proteins, and healthy fats, to keep blood sugar fluctuations at bay. The Eating With Diabetes PPT and Handout Lesson will provide valuable strategies for eating well with diabetes.
Timing Is Everything: Timing your meals is important. Eating too often is not good for you or your blood sugar levels, and going too long without eating is also a recipe for disaster. So, how do you find balance?
- Eat Every 3-4 Hours
- What Happens If You Wait Too Long?
- Symptoms of Hypoglycemia
Meet the Carbohydrate: Carbohydrates are key to blood sugar control - some make it easier, while others make it harder. Once you know what to look for, managing your carbohydrate consumption is pretty straightforward.
- What Are Carbohydrates?
- Slow vs Fast Carbohydrates
Reading a Food Label: It's not always easy to tell a slow carb from a fast carb, especially when it comes to packaged food. Luckily, food labels can shed a lot of light on the situation.
- What Is a Carbohydrate Serving?
- What to Look For
Make a Healthful Plate: Planning out meals and snacks and knowing exactly what you're eating is key to diabetes management.
- Stick to a Schedule
- Measure Your Portions
- Skip Empty Calories
- Try Superfoods
- ... and more
Add an "Eating With Diabetes Poster" to your lesson!
Don't re-invent the wheel - use our program with up to the minute information, be up and running right away with a wonderful format, easy to understand, catchy graphics and colors.
Ground-breaking strategies to engage your audience:
- Our talented artists ensure the best design that competes with industry advertising.
- Our rich illustrations and graphics stand out from the pack.
- Messages are positive and easily understood.
Held-nothing-back research and message integrity:
- It is for educators who really want their audience to grasp the concept that food plays a vital role in diabetes management.
- We are not supported by big industry advertising so you get the real deal on accurate information.
- Unbiased, science-based information is always at the heart of our materials because we do not accept advertising.
- Food and Health Communications, Inc. is a proud National Strategic Partner for MyPlate.
- Food and Health Communications, Inc. has been publishing food and nutrition news for 20 years and is very aware of food news, research and product news from their newsletter, Communicating Food for Health, so you get the expertise of many editors and stories poured into this very comprehensive show.
- Update guarantee - if we update our materials you can download the update for free or purchase the physical copy for half price.
- Free issue of Communicating Food for Health Newsletter: read all of our latest tips and use them as ice breakers or to answer questions before you start.
- Speaker's notes make this presentation turnkey.
- References are given at the end.
Specs for program on CD:
- Number of slides with speaker's notes: 41
- Number of handout pages with leader guide:
- Language: English
- Target audience: Diabetes patients
- Approximate length of show: 1 hour
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus a CD shipped to you plus lifetime updates to the digital file.