Eating On the Go: Fast Food Alternatives Poster
Learning objectives & benefits:
- Teaches your clients how to make the best choices in a fast food world!
- Gives individuals the tools to win at the fast food game. Some ideas include planning ahead and knowing your calorie counts, skipping the mayo, splitting large portions, and ordering dressing on the side.
- Educates the reader with examples of good fast food choices: salad, plain hamburger, soft shell chicken taco and vegetarian pizza are a few options.
- Fun and vibrant illustrations help send the message of making good choices when eating on the go.
- This 18 X 24 weight loss poster can be used individually or as part of the program 12 More Lessons of Weight Management (Volume 2) by Food and Health Communications for a 3- to 12 - month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program that will enable you to teach a new, timely weight management lesson/skill each month (or week). All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate. The topics are designed to support today's consumers so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 12 - 100
Here is what the poster says:
Eating On the Go
Make the best choices in a fast food world!
Making good fast food choices:
- Plan ahead and know the calorie counts.
- Eat less dressing, mayo, and sauces.
- Eat healthy the rest of the day.
- Choose menu items with plenty of vegetables.
- Split a meal when given large portions.
- When you bring fast food home, add a salad, fruit, or skim milk to make a complete meal.
Examples of good choices:
- Salads with grilled lean meat, fish, or chicken
- Plain hamburger, apple wedges
- Soft shell chicken taco, beans
- Grilled chicken, fish, or tenderloin, veggies
- Lowfat chili, salad
- Vegetarian pizza, (1 slice), salad
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.