Dining Out: Do It the Smart Weigh Poster
Learning objectives and benefits:
- These delightful illustrations engage the client and invite them to read the important information and healthful tips on this wellness poster.
- The 18 X 24 poster offers a variety of recommendations on smart ways to order delicious foods at a restaurant. Some tips include: sharing large portions, ordering sauces and dressings on the side, filling up with a low-fat salad or soup to start, drinking calorie-free beverages and having fresh fruits for dessert.
- The 'Best Bets' section describes which choices are best when trying to order foods low in fat - grilled seafood, grilled chicken breast, and steamed veggies are some examples. The 'Danger Zone' points out types of foods your clients should stay away from when dining out, such as fried foods, deep dish pizzas, creamy coffee drinks and unlimited bread baskets.
- This poster can be used individually or in conjunction with 12 More Lessons in Weight Management, Volume 2. It is great for a 3 to 12-month worksite wellness/weight management incentive program as it teaches a new, timely weight management lesson and skill each month (or week).
- All topics support the messages given in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Topics chosen are meant to support today's consumer so they can make better choices in their fast-paced lifestyles. Here they will find help to get started, shop better, cook more healthfully, handle holidays, vacations and more in these practical lessons.
- These lessons will instruct and motivate in a positive manner for better health and weight.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 15 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.