Blood Pressure 101 PowerPoint and Handout Lesson
When you need to look your very best now...
Blood pressure is a confusing topic. There are two numbers and it tends to change each time you take it. And if all of that is not confusing enough, there are three different categories for blood pressure. Our show goes over the basics and helps everyone see how easy it is to understand what it is, how it is measured, what their numbers mean and best of all how to lower it. Blood Pressure 101 is a must for anyone who has prehypertension or hypertension. And it is a very good idea for those who want to keep their blood pressure normal. Hypertension is a major risk factor for senility, which can take the fun out of ones latter years. And hypertension is the #1 risk factor for stroke, which is the #1 reason people go into a nursing home for the rest of their lives.
Learning objectives & benefits:
In this comprehensive Blood Pressure 101 Lesson, you will find the most recent information from the National Institute of Health, Dietary Guidelines and Center for Disease Control with tips from Hollis Bass, MEd, RD.
Here is what everyone will learn when they watch the show:
- What is Blood Pressure?
- Blood Pressure Vocabulary
- What Causes Hypertension?
- Effects On Your Body
- How Do You Know If You Have It?
- Testing Your Blood Pressure
Treatment and Prevention:
- Healthy Diet,
- Lower Sodium,
- Physical Activity
Exactly What They Need to Know Right Now:
- There are quizzes and speaker's notes throughout the show to keep it interesting and to make sure everyone understands what you just taught them.
- The show moves quickly and helps everyone understand what their numbers mean and how to lower their blood pressure.
- The prevention section gives a great overview on diet and lifestyle factors that you can change right now in order to lower your blood pressure over time. A food label is shown so everyone can start comparing food labels and making better choices.
- This is really important because hypertension and salt toxicity are major causes of the 1.5 million heart attacks each year.
Add a colorful "Blood Pressure Poster" to your classroom!
Comprehensive Information for Passionate Educators:
- All of the research to date is summarized and explained
- Nothing is watered down
- This show will give your clients all of the best information so they can lower their blood pressure and control their health and wellbeing.
- Number of slides with speaker's notes: 42
- Number of handout pages (PDF): 2
- Target audience: Ages 15 - 100
- Approximate length of show: 25-35 minutes
- Get an immediate digital download right now plus lifetime updates to the digital file.
BONUS: The CD includes custom clipart for blood pressure education. You get 13 clipart images free so you can use them in other materials that you produce.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.