10K Steps Exercise Poster
Learning objectives & benefits:
- This fun and colorful poster is very simple. Walk enough each day to lower your risk for chronic disease.
- Most people can incorporate more walking into every schedule every day to get to 10K steps.
- Once you start measuring you learn how to add more steps each day.
- Walk the mall in bad weather, do more laps around the grocery store, walk while waiting for people, talk on the phone and walk. The ideas are limitless and they can easily be personalized.
- What gets measured, gets improved.
- There are pedometers for every person on the market from cheap to geek and this is a lot less expensive than gym memberships and heavy equipment that never gets used.
- One study showed that most people only get around 3 to 4K steps per day. But increasing to 10K steps or more is an effective way to get enough physical and activity for health each day.
- This 18 X 24 exercise poster supports the recommendations for 60 minutes a day of physical activity in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Walking can be a family exercise or a corporate wellness program activity.
- It also makes a great classroom poster plus it can be used as a school cafeteria poster.
Target population: In English, for general audiences, ages 8 - 100
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.