Snack Tearpad - Guide to Snacks with MyPlate
- Since fruits and veggies should take up roughly half the plate at meals, make sure they're about half of the snack as well. For more staying power, round things out with some lean protein. For example, you can toss a bit of tuna fish or some beans onto a small salad for a nutrient-rich snack that will keep you full for hours.
- Low-fat dairy makes a great treat too! Consider dipping sliced vegetables in a Greek yogurt-based dip for a hearty dose of fiber, calcium, and protein. Or whirr fresh fruit with some nonfat milk for a hearty and healthful milkshake.
- Bring whole grains into the mix by spreading a bit of peanut butter on 100% whole grain toast, then adding a few fruit slices. Or make a small bowl of oatmeal.
PLUS there is more:
- Snacking inspiration with fruit plates, potato faces, and dips on the go.
- USDA Snacking Guideline
- Calorie saving ideas to makeover high calorie snacks into healthful snacks
- Ages 12 - 100
- 8.5X11 - printed in color on both sides
- 50 pages
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.