Label Reading Poster Set
This is the current food label that is in use from now through July 2018. Click here to see all of the new food label materials and you will find new food label posters, new food label handout tearpads, new food label PowerPoint shows, and games that teach about the new food label.
Learning Objectives & Benefits:
2 Posters that will enable everyone to EXCEL at label reading quickly:
Examine the Facts Poster (new!) teaches 3 basic steps to evaluate a product quickly based on its nutrient analysis:
- Label reading is as easy as 1-2-3.
- An example is given that shows why it is better to compare a label. Consumers save a significant amount of fat by choosing skim milk.
- PLUS handy reminders show the total nutrients needed for a day, including the new updates for sodium.
- PLUS the new MyPlate icon helps remind them to buy more fruits and veggies to fill half their plates.
The 5 Mistakes of Label Reading Poster sums up the 5 most common mistakes made when shopping for packaged foods in the grocery store:
- How many times do people:
- ignore Nutrition Facts Labels,
- choose packages and bottles that look like one serving but are really more,
- buy items that contain way too much sodium,
- or imagine they can munch all day on lowfat or sugar free items?
This 2 poster set, complete with 3 copy-ready handouts and leader/activity guide, is ready to go now!
Matching PowerPoint show, Food Label Express is designed to move fast and teach three steps to read food labels plus avoid the 5 mistakes of label reading.
Bundled Offer: Save $6 with this bundled set!
Target Population: In English, for general audiences, ages 12 - 100
Size: Posters are 18X24 and laminated.
This poster comes with a free handout download PDF shown in the images above.